Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path to Apple Card program for declined applicants

tag
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Re: Questions about Path to Apple Card

Just as an update, I was able to lower my debt below what they wanted it at, so I figured I would try again and see if it would approve me. I was denied again, and received an email telling me "You reapplied for Apple Card before you Path to Apple Card completion date. You were not approved and are still enrolled in your Path to Apple Card program." So I guess they just want me to get a better score? It came up as a 729 and gave me the same "Monthly debt obligations are too high compared to income" so I am not too sure what the exact reasoning GS is giving for denial. I imagine it has something to do with my debt being too much (at $550) or my credit score isn't great enough. Just some more info and DP to add in.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 41 of 56
razzy116
Established Contributor

I"ve been trying to get the apple card for a long time, i never got an invite to the path program. Thank you and be safe.

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 42 of 56
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@razzy116 wrote:

I"ve been trying to get the apple card for a long time, i never got an invite to the path program. Thank you and be safe.

If I'm being completely honest myself, I have no idea what prompted them to invite me to the program. All it requires is for me to wait until January and keep my debt below $649

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 43 of 56
larrmee2

New to the community...score 726, uti is 50%, much of it zero interest added to Path for Applecard today after recieving email invite....I was only trying to help my util%drop after adding much needed applicances(rebate is coming) maybe panera offer or watch at Christmas but whatever GoldmanSacs not sure I'll stay in their program and told to payoff way more than $657. Starting Dave Ramsey now I feel aweful thanks GS you bunch of tight wads.. lol

Message 44 of 56
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Was it just paying down your debt and making on time payments for a specified amount of time?

Message 45 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way to get onto the "path to an Apple CC" without applying?

So I'm only 1.5 years post bankrupcy and I'm positive I don't qualify. I've read about a program that lets Goldman Sachs work with you towards earning the card though or something? I'm wondering if there's a way to do this without applying? Not worth the extra ding on my credit to do so when I know I'm still so far away but I am just curious. 

Message 46 of 56
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Is there any way to get onto the "path to an Apple CC" without applying?

They only offer that to actual applicants, which wouldn't affect your credit. It's an SP until you accept limit and terms.

I haven't seen program offered to somewhat recent BK. That's not saying it wouldn't be offered. Not a lot of members have given DP on that program, from offer to follow through.

Message 47 of 56
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Agree with @blindambition, you should just apply and see what they say as it will only be a SP. IDK if it would make a difference, but maybe try the SCT? There aren't a ton of DPs on it yet but there have been multiple posts recently of people that were approved using the SCT after being previously denied. It may be a hard no due to the BK, but if they still bite and offer you the path to Apple Card that would be great! A 2% cash back card during a rebuild would be agreat add on to your collection! Either way, good luck and keep us posted with all the DPs! Smiley Happy

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 48 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean by "approved using the SCT" and how do I do it?

Message 49 of 56
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you mean by "approved using the SCT" and how do I do it?

go shopping on the Apple Store on phone and add something to cart. Apple Card app pop up might appear. It has been popping up quite a bit lately.

Message 50 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.