Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Path to Apple Card

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Questions about Path to Apple Card

@NRB525 wrote:

Well, often we reach a point in these discussions where we can't answer why the bank did something. Smiley Happy

Let us know how the Path works out. It's probably worth checking as soon as you get the reported balances lower.

$900 is, after all, high debt... sarcastic eye roll to follow.

Good luck. Apple Card is a good one to get. 

I'll most likely have that paid off by the end of this month and I'll try again. We'll see how they decide to react, then!

FICO Scores (current as of November 30, 2019): Equifax: 765 | Experian: 776 | TransUnion: 747

Message 11 of 23
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Could it be a DTI issue?

Just throwing a guess into the ring......

Let us know how it turns out, regardless of what you decide to do.....

-J

Message 12 of 23
Highlighted
Epic Contributor

Good Luck OP!

Message 13 of 23
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

My TU is frozen and I got the "unlock your credit" message....I don't think that's your issue. Waiting to hear your results before I unlock mine.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 23
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@newmomnewme wrote:

My TU is frozen and I got the "unlock your credit" message....I don't think that's your issue. Waiting to hear your results before I unlock mine.

When I did the original application, I had my credit unlocked. I ended up enrolling into the "Path to Apple Card" program, but was originally curious if I needed to keep my credit unlocked for that program. I'm going to just try though and apply again once I lower my utilization.

FICO Scores (current as of November 30, 2019): Equifax: 765 | Experian: 776 | TransUnion: 747

Message 15 of 23
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

What did you receive an email inviting you to the path program??? I've been trying 4-5 months for this card and I always get the "cannot verify information provided" message. 

GS is strange. 

Message 16 of 23
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Do you have any issue with Chexsystems @Dmessina666 ?

During the app process, they SP TU and verify you with Chexsystems. 
Go to their site and pull a free report to see if their info matches with you and TU,  that could be your problem IMO.

Message 17 of 23
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I did, my Chexsystems is in the clear. No blemishes, no bad marks, nothing. It's not frozen either. Looks like I might have to call Apple Card Services and see what's up. Thanks 

Message 18 of 23
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Just as an update, I was able to lower my debt below what they wanted it at, so I figured I would try again and see if it would approve me. I was denied again, and received an email telling me "You reapplied for Apple Card before you Path to Apple Card completion date. You were not approved and are still enrolled in your Path to Apple Card program." So I guess they just want me to get a better score? It came up as a 729 and gave me the same "Monthly debt obligations are too high compared to income" so I am not too sure what the exact reasoning GS is giving for denial. I imagine it has something to do with my debt being too much (at $550) or my credit score isn't great enough. Just some more info and DP to add in.

Message 19 of 23
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I"ve been trying to get the apple card for a long time, i never got an invite to the path program. Thank you and be safe.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.