cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about new cards I received.......

tag
travelguru
New Contributor

Questions about new cards I received.......

Hello all credit entheuesits,

I have a question for you guys. I recently went on an app spree and was approved for a Macys store card, Target store card, and a Walmart store card. All of them have less than a $500 limit on them. What is your guys experience with these credit cards? Will I ever get CLI's on them or should I request a CLI when I activate them?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Questions about new cards I received.......

@travelguru wrote:

Hello all credit entheuesits,

I have a question for you guys. I recently went on an app spree and was approved for a Macys store card, Target store card, and a Walmart store card. All of them have less than a $500 limit on them. What is your guys experience with these credit cards? Will I ever get CLI's on them or should I request a CLI when I activate them?

Feel free to always call up and request a higher limit per recon; recon numbers are available in the stickied threads.

I don't have any of these cards, but from reading the forums:

Macy's CLI every 6 months, either requested online or via CSR. Sometimes soft, sometimes hard. Will occasionally give you auto luv.

Target card so far does not accept customer-initiatives CLI requests. Accounts are reviewed, and you may get an increase, though it is unpredictable and not done as often as other store cards.

Walmart store card can and will provide frequent auto luv. You can also request a CLI after the 4th statement cut, and then every 4 months after that, either online, through the automated system, or via CSR.

Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Questions about new cards I received.......

Macy's you can call the credit department during business hours and ask for a review of the report already pulled for a higher credit line if you have been in store and they know it's you who applied (if you applied from home originally)

Target just don't even pay attention or worry about it... if it goes up be happy you are a rarity... otherwise just get your 5% for what the card is good for and go on.

Walmart will grow BIG and FAST if you keep on it... every 4 statements online or over phone or call "Credit Solutions" and they can do a manual SP review for any amount you want... if you go this route... always ask for a lot... and if you are at $300 asking for $1k or $1500 might seem like a crazy request but I mean like ask crazy with GE especially as you build your credit and relation with them... it's not crazy to go to $10k+ from under a few grand.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.