cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the BBVA ClearPoints credit card.

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Questions about the BBVA ClearPoints credit card.

@TyRacing wrote:

what are the maintenance and business categories good for?

I've never used those categories. 3% Utilities, bills, tv/internet, cell phone bill, and car insurance is what we use it for. We also use it for the targeted 5 - 7% bonus offers and 10% simple cash offers they have at times. We've earned $646 on this card from Dec last year until now.

D15FA6C7-E1C2-4CD2-B1CE-02320F09CD24.png

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 11 of 20
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Wow, that's crazy bro! I need to start putting my spend on that card then!

Message 12 of 20
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@TheBoondocks

wrote:

The bill and utilities category pretty awesome. I have the AOD card now which is flat 3%, but I left all utility spend on the BBVA card in hope of them continuing to send the targeted offers. I've earned quite a bit of cash back through targeted offers in combination with the 3% on bills. 

24E20B0E-40BD-41F5-8D29-B3A32EAF5FA2.jpeg

79E56E93-BF0A-40F1-8C98-B5CD408F7191.jpeg

235A1FDE-FCA4-4360-B46E-EFA5A6CEC72D.jpeg

BB7E7608-5E40-4B73-BA52-196C9F618794.png

8073C257-DD14-4FAD-B832-510F908EE3A7.png

D4C9B82D-EECB-4D3C-B0F5-0BDF72CD5B64.png

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 13 of 20
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

@TheBoondocks

wrote:

The bill and utilities category pretty awesome. I have the AOD card now which is flat 3%, but I left all utility spend on the BBVA card in hope of them continuing to send the targeted offers. I've earned quite a bit of cash back through targeted offers in combination with the 3% on bills. 

The thing is when it comes to finally choose the categories, do you wait until you get targeted and then choose it or do you wait until the last minute and if you don't get targeted then you just choose the categories that you know you're gonna spend money at?  

Message 14 of 20
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

What do you think you're going to do with the BBVA card, and paypal 2% credit card now that you have the AOD?

Message 15 of 20
JNA1
Valued Contributor

I leave the 3% category on bills and utilities. I have all my bills on autopay and they charge the card and I pay it off every month. I always leave 2% category set on groceries and when I get the targeted offers, the points on top of whatever the card is already earning. IOW, if the targeted off is 4X for groceries, I'd get 6%. If it was 4X gas or restaurants, I'd get the 4X on top of the base 1%. 

Because it seems like I get the targeted offers because of spend, I'm going to leave my the 3% utilities spend on the ClearPoints card, and use my AOD card for all other non categorized spend. I made my daughter an AU on my PayPal card and she's running $300-$400 month through it and making the PIF payment. I'm letting her keep the rewards and it's (hopefully) keeping me in good graces with Sync. 

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 16 of 20
PandaGirl77
Regular Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

@TheBoondocks

wrote:

Just got my card 👏👏🤩👏👏 I am so excited to start seeing emails like this! 

Message 17 of 20
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@PandaGirl77 wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@TheBoondocks

wrote:

Just got my card 👏👏🤩👏👏 I am so excited to start seeing emails like this! 

It took a few months to get the targeted  offers rolling on both of our cards, but now we both get them frequently. 

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 18 of 20
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

@JNA1

It took a few months to get the targeted  offers rolling on both of our cards, but now we both get them frequently. 

where do you check for the targeted offers? in the BBVA app? Email? or website login dashboard? or all? 

Thanks for sharing! 

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 19 of 20
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@TyRacing wrote:

@JNA1

where do you check for the targeted offers? in the BBVA app? Email? or website login dashboard? or all? 

Thanks for sharing! 

They come via email. 

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.