Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions for people who have Hyatt Chase card

tag
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Questions for people who have Hyatt Chase card

how does the 2 free nights work?

can I book something for next april and apply for the card in january (spend the minium requirement in January, hopefully get the credit or whatever it is for the 2 rooms in february or march)

and then once I get the credit apply it toward nights I already booked?

thanks for the help! not going to apply for it yet, just seeing how it works

fico 747
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Questions for people who have Hyatt Chase card

I'm bumping this one as I was thinking of applying for this card end of July and have the same question. 

Message 2 of 23
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Someone will help us eventually! Smiley Happy
fico 747
Message 3 of 23
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I don't have the Hyatt card but can explain how it works.

Your two free night certificates are good for 12 months from the date they are issued, and they are issued only after you meet the minimum spend requirement.

If you make a refundable reservation for a base-level room, once you get the certificates you can call into Hyatt and ask for it to be changed. Essentially a new booking will be created and your old one will be cancelled. You can also do this yourself online.

There can be issues if the hotel is sold out. If it is, the agent won't be able to create a 2nd booking (using the certs) before cancelling the old one. This is something to take into consideration if you're thinking about going to a popular destination at a time when the hotel is likely to be booked out.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 4 of 23
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

CreditScholar wrote:

Your two free night certificates are good for 12 months from the date they are issued, and they are issued only after you meet the minimum spend requirement.

If you make a refundable reservation for a base-level room, once you get the certificates you can call into Hyatt and ask for it to be changed. Essentially a new booking will be created and your old one will be cancelled. You can also do this yourself online.

There can be issues if the hotel is sold out. If it is, the agent won't be able to create a 2nd booking (using the certs) before cancelling the old one. This is something to take into consideration if you're thinking about going to a popular destination at a time when the hotel is likely to be booked out.

I was under the impression that the two nights are a special promotion, where the hotel can only have so many people using it at one time, so even if there is empty rooms its still not possible to use the free nights, I definitely could be wrong, but I called and I thought that was how they explained it

I didn't really understand even after calling them, that's why I made this thread

fico 747
Message 5 of 23
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@MazdaSpeed wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

I was under the impression that the two nights are a special promotion, where the hotel can only have so many people using it at one time, so even if there is empty rooms its still not possible to use the free nights, I definitely could be wrong, but I called and I thought that was how they explained it

I didn't really understand even after calling them, that's why I made this thread

As far as I know, like point redemptions those rooms shouldn't be capped except in extreme cases (PH Sydney during New Year's for example).

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 6 of 23
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

also to quote Cdnewmanpac from another thread i made http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-question/m-p/2052837/highlight/true#M569916

when i brought up this same topic

"1. are you planning to use the free nights for that vacation? if so, January is cutting it close. if you are looking at a destination resort during spring break, expect award rooms to fill fast."

making it seem like he also believes that "award" rooms fill up

fico 747
Message 7 of 23
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@MazdaSpeed wrote:

also to quote @Cdnewmanpac from another thread i made http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-question/m-p/2052837/highlight/true#M569916

"1. are you planning to use the free nights for that vacation? if so, January is cutting it close. if you are looking at a destination resort during spring break, expect award rooms to fill fast."

Those certificates can only be used on base-level rooms, nothing else. So a hotel could have suites and club level rooms available (for example), but if all of the standard rooms have been booked out then you won't be able to use them at that time.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 8 of 23
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@MazdaSpeed wrote:

also to quote @Cdnewmanpac from another thread i made http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-question/m-p/2052837/highlight/true#M569916

Those certificates can only be used on base-level rooms, nothing else. So a hotel could have suites and club level rooms available (for example), but if all of the standard rooms have been booked out then you won't be able to use them at that time.

interesting piont, I hope you're right, my plan is going to be to book 2 free nights with my CSP bonus and an additional 3 nights and get our united plane tickets from my united card/miles

but I want to book before it everything sells out, so I will book the flights and 5 nights (only 2 free at booking) this July, for the vacation next may 2014

and then in Novemeber if I get approved for the Hyatt card I will spend the 1000 on it right away so I can try to get my 2 nights added to my vacation and only have to pay for 1 night 

hopefully being a 400 dollar vacation in key west! haha

fico 747
Message 9 of 23
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

I called Hyatt customer service today, and they told me they do indeed have a set number of "award rooms" and once the number they have for those rooms is booked you can no longer book rooms with your points or the original 2 free nights with the card

Even if they have empty roons
fico 747
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.