cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick help with reactivating an account today!

tag
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

Quick help with reactivating an account today!

I have a bofa CC that I closed myself so I could pay monthly without interest. I am on my final payment tomorrow - wahoo! I would now like to 'reactivate' the account and will be calling them today. Any advice on what to say who to talk to how to go about it etc...?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

Re: Quick help with reactivating an account today!

alright - about to call - I'll still take advice even if I am on the phone - - - >
Message 2 of 18
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

alright - so they are saying I cannot reactivate the account because I went into a payment program, but someone else there said I could before. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Message 3 of 18
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

Arrgg..!!!! so - after several years of struggling to pay off the card through an internal payment program with the hope to reactivate the account after I get down to the last payment I am told I cannot not do that any more because of the new federal regulations that just went into effect in AUGUST! what!?!?!?!? what kind of luck is that! now I won't have the account history for an open account.

Thanks Feds - you really helped me out of this one......................................  biggest possible *sigh* with great great disappointment - litterally been waiting years to do this.... lots of things I want to say but can't via this forum because of decorum - frustration rising... ok must leave now.

Message 4 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

There is nothing in the "new federal regulations", translate: The Credit CARD Act that would bar the reopening of your account. That said - if you truly closed your account virtually no issuer would reopen it. Virtually no issuer reopens fully closed accounts. The require re-app. Try there soft INQ pre-app site and see if you get anything back:

https://preapproved.bankofamerica.com/cc/SelfInquiry.aspx

Message 5 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

natasjlp wrote:

Arrgg..!!!! so - after several years of struggling to pay off the card through an internal payment program with the hope to reactivate the account after I get down to the last payment I am told I cannot not do that any more because of the new federal regulations that just went into effect in AUGUST! what!?!?!?!? what kind of luck is that! now I won't have the account history for an open account.

Thanks Feds - you really helped me out of this one......................................  biggest possible *sigh* with great great disappointment - litterally been waiting years to do this.... lots of things I want to say but can't via this forum because of decorum - frustration rising... ok must leave now.

Do you have anything in writing about them re-opening when the repayment is done? If so, ask them specifically which part of the new regs would bar them from doing so. Sounds like complete hogwash to me.

Honestly, I don't know how some of these people look at themselves in the mirror in the mornings as they brush their teeth...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 18
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

There is nothing in the "new federal regulations", translate: The Credit CARD Act that would bar the reopening of your account. That said - if you truly closed your account virtually no issuer would reopen it. Virtually no issuer reopens fully closed accounts. The require re-app. Try there soft INQ pre-app site and see if you get anything back:

https://preapproved.bankofamerica.com/cc/SelfInquiry.aspx

I will fill this out, but may I ask why?
Message Edited by natasjlp on 10-01-2009 07:05 PM
Message 7 of 18
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@natasjlp wrote:

Do you have anything in writing about them re-opening when the repayment is done? If so, ask them specifically which part of the new regs would bar them from doing so. Sounds like complete hogwash to me.

Honestly, I don't know how some of these people look at themselves in the mirror in the mornings as they brush their teeth...

I have nothing in writing, did not figure I would need to. Plus feeling I was at their mercy I merely thanked them and started paying off the cc at an accelerated rate. I am here with 1 payment left in the next few days which I will make - it is just sucj a shame... I don't understadn why there seems to now be no possibility of reactivating the account. very disappointing... to say the least...

Message 8 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

If you are otherwise qualified for a card from BofA you will get a positive response there. If not you won't. Both HTSU and I believe they are shining you on. I would probably call them a few more times before I gave up on this.
Message 9 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

The real question is was the account suspended or closed?
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.