Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver CLI (Lack of)

tag
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

Quicksilver CLI (Lack of)

I have a Quicksilver with what, for me, is a low SL. I have tried over the past couple of years to get CLIs - to no avail. But at least this last time, I got an answer that at least makes sense to me. They declined my latest request for a CLI - because of my low usage with the card. So...today I actually used the card for about $350.00. As I said, I have a low limit on this card - and have always used only about 5% of the available credit. But today will put me at about 15%...so perhaps this will work...I have a good credit score - and an impeccable history with Cap One. I will wait and and see..

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quicksilver CLI (Lack of)

Maybe your QS is bucketed?
Fingers crossed this works for you!

Message 2 of 21
toadsworth
Regular Contributor

Mine is bucketed. Scores were around 580 when I got it. Now I'm in the 750s and still denied any luv.

Today I opened a Venture card, and will promptly be consolidating its $10,000 limit to my QS, which is my second oldest account. No AF for the first year on the Venture, and minimum starting limit of $5000; check your prequals! Just be ready for a triple pull if you bite... lol

Kind of have everything I want now, creditwise. Undeliberately gardening until I have some spending to do and find a 100,000 Amex Platinum offer lol

Started my credit journey August 2016, after abstaining from credit for years after some poor financial choices in high school. Started with scores in the 580s. Current scores 11/6/18 - EQ: 754 TU: 757 EX: 743

From oldest to newest: DuPage CU Visa Platinum, SL 500 now 3750, Cap1 Platinum SL 300 PC'd to QS now 1600, Alliant Credit Union Share Secured Loan $500, Amex BCE SL 5000 now 600, Neiman Marcus SL 700 now 10000, Target RedCard SL 400 now 2900, Amex ED SL 10000 now 500 (combined with Cash Magnet), Chase AARP SL 800 now 3300, Chase Amazon Prime SL 1000 now 10000, Honda Lease, Discover it SL 1000 now 7000, Synchrony PayPal 2% CB SL 3000 now 10000, Barclays Uber Visa SL 800 now 2100, Citi ThankYou Preferred SL 3300 now 5300, Chase Ritz-Carlton SL 10000 now 1500 (moved to other cards to get annual fee refund), Comenity Total Rewards Visa SL 2000 now 3250, US Bank Cash+ SL 500 recon'd to 10000, US Bank Reserve LOC 1000, Union Bank Rewards Visa SL 5000 now 5000, Amex Cash Magnet SL 9900 now 20000, Cap1 Venture SL 10000 now 10000, Discover it 3000 SL now 4000, Amex SPG Luxury 3100 SL now 3100, Amex Amazon Business Prime 10000 SL now 10000, Amex Gold NPSL, US Bank Premier LOC 5000, US Bank Visa Platinum 5400 SL currently reconning

Combined revolving CL $135,300

Goal: Spring 2019 800+ club, $50,000 combined Amex limit
Message 3 of 21
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! My Quicksilver was the first card that I got as I was emerging from my credit "crisis". It started out with a $500 SL, and fairly quickly increased to $2,200. But it is absolutely stuck there...but I guess that I will just have to wait. I now have my credit will all three bureaus frozen. I am in the garden at the very least until January. I got some outstanding cards this year, so I'm good for now. But the lack of a Capital One CLI lately - has me stumped!

Message 4 of 21
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

I don't understand what bucketed means?

Message 5 of 21
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@CGeorge wrote:

Think of a class of students and the teacher - mentally at least - groups them in "challenged/below average (or) average (or) smart/gifted" at the beginning of the school year - these students are categorized in "buckets" and with Capital One once challenged always challenged with your only option to "withdraw" from that class/school and move to another (lender).  aka subprime, average/good, and very good/excellent income and or credit scores. 

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CGeorge wrote:

Cap One puts you in a certain category when you app based on your credit profile. No matter how much you improve your scores, that particular card will always stay in the subprime "bucket." You can always app for a new card (and take the triple pull) to get in a better bucket.
Better scores/profile = Better bucket = Better SLs and CLIs (usually, as always, YMMV)

Message 7 of 21
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, missliz! I did not realize that about Cap One. In January, I will apply for a different card - thanks again!

Message 8 of 21
Dirge
Contributor

I thought my QS was bucketed at $3.5k; it started at $3k as a QS1 when I had really crappy credit (as opposed to my mostly crappy credit now!) and had an automatic $500 CLI at 6 months (must have been credit steps). For a  year I checked every few months and got only $500 CLI offers, which I refused. Then in May I tried for $1,500, to bring myself to $5k, and they came back with a $3k CLI for $6.5k. Nothing had really changed, my credit score was going up by a point or two a month, but it was my main card and I had been using it a lot, running it up to around $1k and paying it off each month. All of my bills go through it. Note that my May attempt was the first time through the newish Cap1 option of choosing how much to ask for. 

Just a data point that if you *are* bucketed, your bucket might be bigger than you think. (I do know that $6.5k might still count as a bucket.)

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too think I was bucketed. Tried multiple times to CLI but to no avail once card topped out at 3.5k. Ended up just cancelling when I was approved for WF Propel.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.