Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver One to Quicksilver?

tag
Insoc
New Contributor

Quicksilver One to Quicksilver?

So I just got a Quicksilver One CC from Capital One, did not know there was two Quicksilver cards till it arrived, seeing I'm rebuilding credit I was shocked to be approved.  

Does anyone know if Capital One will bump you up to the Quicksilver after reaching an Excellent Credit rating?  

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Quicksilver One to Quicksilver?

Yes it is possible to do a PC after 6 months if you qualify.  cant go from MC to VISA or vice versa but they do I believe have a MC version as well

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to convert my quicksilverone to ventureone after 2 months of opening the card. you can always try their chat and ask.

Message 3 of 28
Insoc
New Contributor

That's good to know, is the Quicksilver One considered a Subprime Card?  I see it say's "Average Credit" but I actually have sub 650 FICO scores, but they gave me a $2K CL.  

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Insoc wrote:

That's good to know, is the Quicksilver One considered a Subprime Card?  I see it say's "Average Credit" but I actually have sub 650 FICO scores, but they gave me a $2K CL.  

well it's for people with average/good credit, and you have to pay annual fee on it, and quicksilver is for excellent credit and it's visa signature for minimum credit limit of 5k.

I had 658 TU, so was afraid to apply for their high tier cards and get rejected, and that's why I decided to apply for quicksilverone, and got approved for 3k, but as soon as I saw they applied 39 annual fee... i felt bit iffy, so after i found out that I could convert it, I asked'em to convert it to ventureone which doesn't have annual fee.

Message 5 of 28
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I think the minimum to PC to QS - no AF or Venture cards is a 3k limit is needed. Otherwise they will refund you if you contact the EO. Everytime i try PCing they say i cant and that card is one of my smallest limits with 2.5k 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skye12329 wrote:

I think the minimum to PC to QS - no AF or Venture cards is a 3k limit is needed. Otherwise they will refund you if you contact the EO. Everytime i try PCing they say i cant and that card is one of my smallest limits with 2.5k 

time to hassle them for 500 cli, then ask for pc Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 28
Jlu
Established Contributor

Can confirm there is a QS MC.

And YES it's in my wallet ..just to answer the question on the TV.
AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 8 of 28
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

time to hassle them for 500 cli, then ask for pc Smiley LOL

I know right. Except im not eligible i tried the button this month and i called the EO in august for a CLI asking for a 6.5k increase and i only got 500....

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 9 of 28
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

This is really one of those things that falls into the category of the great mystery of Cap 1.  Yes, for SOME people they will remove the AF.  That being said, I have NO IDEA how they decide which people to work with.  As far as I can tell it has nothing to do with credit scores or even your profile.  It seems as though they may possibly have a magic 8 ball they refer to when making these decisions.

For me personally, I had 2 QS1 cards with 3+ years of perfect payment history and scores in the 700s and they refused to remove the fee. The nice rep from the EO even lied to me and said it wasn't possible the last time I tried.  I was forced to close both cards and then recieved a pre-qual for a regular QS 3 to 4 months later.  Now this is definately a YMMV type of thing.  Some people they treat well and others they don't and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they decide who falls into which group other than my magic 8 ball theory of course.

I can say with a great deal of confidence that it's not at all likely to happen via any other method than the EO route.  Really any kind of basic customer service functions that require anything more than reading a script require emails and weeks of waiting.  I would say if you want to try then go for it and hope the magic 8 ball likes you.  Establishing a history with them or raising your scores or profile didn't seem to matter at all in my experience.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.