Did you mean: 

Quicksilver One to Quicksilver?

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: Quicksilver One to Quicksilver?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Insoc wrote:

That's good to know, is the Quicksilver One considered a Subprime Card?  I see it say's "Average Credit" but I actually have sub 650 FICO scores, but they gave me a $2K CL.  

well it's for people with average/good credit, and you have to pay annual fee on it, and quicksilver is for excellent credit and it's visa signature for minimum credit limit of 5k.

I had 658 TU, so was afraid to apply for their high tier cards and get rejected, and that's why I decided to apply for quicksilverone, and got approved for 3k, but as soon as I saw they applied 39 annual fee... i felt bit iffy, so after i found out that I could convert it, I asked'em to convert it to ventureone which doesn't have annual fee.

There is a non-signature version of the regular QS Visa.  I have one with a 2k limit.

And yes, I would consider the QS1 to be sub-prime, but then I would consider Cap1 to be a sub-prime lender in general.  Others disagree with that sentiment.

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Insoc wrote:

That's good to know, is the Quicksilver One considered a Subprime Card?  I see it say's "Average Credit" but I actually have sub 650 FICO scores, but they gave me a $2K CL.  

well it's for people with average/good credit, and you have to pay annual fee on it, and quicksilver is for excellent credit and it's visa signature for minimum credit limit of 5k.

I had 658 TU, so was afraid to apply for their high tier cards and get rejected, and that's why I decided to apply for quicksilverone, and got approved for 3k, but as soon as I saw they applied 39 annual fee... i felt bit iffy, so after i found out that I could convert it, I asked'em to convert it to ventureone which doesn't have annual fee.

There is a non-signature version of the regular QS Visa.  I have one with a 2k limit.

And yes, I would consider the QS1 to be sub-prime, but then I would consider Cap1 to be a sub-prime lender in general.  Others disagree with that sentiment.

They're in between

If you're 720-850 they're prime.

If you're 480-680 they're subprime.

And god bless you if you're 681-719, because you don't know WHAT you're gonna get!

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

yeah, I have 3k quicksilver platinum version as well. I really REALLY wish they would convert it to visa signature, but when I contacted EO, I was told that's not possible or I just have to reapply for quicksilver/venture/ventureone to get signature card. Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They're in between

And god bless you if you're 681-719, because you don't know WHAT you're gonna get!

why would anyone with 800+ even bother with capital one?

Message 14 of 28
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Insoc wrote:

They're in between

You get the thrown to the mercy of the magic 8 ball!

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Insoc wrote:

They're in between

You get the thrown to the mercy of the magic 8 ball!

Yep!

Message 16 of 28
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

yeah, I have 3k quicksilver platinum version as well. I really REALLY wish they would convert it to visa signature, but when I contacted EO, I was told that's not possible or I just have to reapply for quicksilver/venture/ventureone to get signature card. Smiley Frustrated

I would try again.  They told me removing the AF on the QS1 MC wasn't possible.  I told her I saw many people on this very forum who had had theirs removed.  AWKWARD SILENCE...  Then she changed the topic.  They aren't above lying to people.  I bet they can do it whenever they want to.

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

I would try again.  They told me removing the AF on the QS1 MC wasn't possible.  I told her I saw many people on this very forum who had had theirs removed.  AWKWARD SILENCE...  Then she changed the topic.  They aren't above lying to people.  I bet they can do it whenever they want to.

I think I'll try that after my diners club card start to report (whenever that might be), I just wanted the visa signature for better benefits, but now that I have world mastercards (which I read it's slight less than visa signature) I'll just use them, and maybe apply for arrival+ next year for world elite mastercard.

Message 18 of 28
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

I think I'll try that after my diners club card start to report (whenever that might be), I just wanted the visa signature for better benefits, but now that I have world mastercards (which I read it's slight less than visa signature) I'll just use them, and maybe apply for arrival+ next year for world elite mastercard.

I've honestly never used any of the signature benefits, but I do understand the desire to have "signature" printed on the card.  I think I'm going to try to get some of mine converted next year just because I'll be stuck in the dreaded garden all year and it will give me something to do.

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

I've honestly never used any of the signature benefits, but I do understand the desire to have "signature" printed on the card.  I think I'm going to try to get some of mine converted next year just because I'll be stuck in the dreaded garden all year and it will give me something to do.

The first time I saw signature on a VISA, I said to myself.

I can't write that ****in' small!

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.