Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver Rewards- Barclay Cash Forward Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quicksilver Rewards- Barclay Cash Forward Cards

Hey Guys/Gals I am new to the forum but see how with everyone's feedback that this can be a treasure trove of information!!

I am currently in the process of a rebuild having a collection run form 5 years ago due to major surgeries....10 derogatory collections equaling abot 12k...**bleep** happens!! I had 3 organs removed!!

In the past three moths I have opened a Quicksilver Card with rewards for $500 and Barcley Cash forward Card at $1000 CL

I have read other reviews through CK and other Sites that people have had good success wit the QS Card in recieving substancial CLIs

I have recieved a $250 CLI notice fro QS if I continue making payments on time...but I have read that this card can have some great increaes if the account is strageticlly played right...

I am current running up the $500 limit each month and paying it off in full.... I have read that this shows QS that you need more credit and the abilty to pay it back... I did roll one month over to show financial responsibilty... But who has the yellow brick road to higher CLIs?

Barclay- I am doing the same with except I have now left the card at $500 again to show financial responsibily and plan to pay tat one down slower month by month "Not the minimum" 

I did take advantage of the $200 Barclay bonus reward if I spent 1k in the first 3 months.... I maxed it out month 1 to get this ....

Barclay 

1st month- $1000 spent - Paid down to $350 on 1st statment including the $200 rewards 

2nd Month charged to $800 - Paid down to $500

3rd Month- No Statement Yet- Current Balance $500

Cap 1 QS 

1st- Charged to $500-Made a $25 Minumim Payment 

2nd- Balance Transfer of $425 to my Chase Card- $0 Balance

3rd- Charging up to $500 Max- Rolling over to the next month then paying it off in full

My goal here is to obtain as much CLIs that I can on the QS because I hear more success stories here vs Barclay 

But are there any Barclay Success Stories? 6 month increases? If so how much??

Any feedback on personal experiences with eith of these cards in the first year is much appreciated 

How is my pay back structure helping or hurting me ??

I started with these two card at a score of 655

I hate that a string of medical bills due to life threatining factors and with only 12k of debt can hit me so hard... I have never had a BK but Ive read that this os almost the better option than having 10 collection accounts posted..

Blaze $1000 CL

Chase Feedom $500

Open Sky -Secured $200 

Cap 1 Platnuim $500

Barclay $1000

Cap 1 QS $500

Length of accounts 11 months 

Thanks Again Gang!!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.