cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver Visa Signature Denial - Any Chances for Reconsideration?

tag
knhorn
Contributor

Quicksilver Visa Signature Denial - Any Chances for Reconsideration?

Here's my scenario. I have a larger than normal expense coming up soon. I figured why not apply for a few credit cards that offer the $100/$500 bonus and get some free credit card company cash, as I pay my balance in full each month. To give you an exact place of where I'm at with my credit, my experian is 734, and my CK is 719 (TU I believe.) AAoA is 1 year 1 month, oldest card 2 years 6 months, newest 3 months. I just turned 22 on the 10th of this month. Currently I have 7 CCs, Capital One Platinum MC $750 (recent upgrade to Quicksilver MC and CLI to $1250, this was my first card,) Diamond Preferred MC $2000, Discover More $2750 (recent upgrade to It,) AMEX BCE $6000, U.S. Bank Cash Rewards $2000 (recent upgrade to Cash+ VS CLI to $5500,) Chevron and Texaco $800, and a Union Bank Maximum Rewards Visa $2300. All of my existing CCs CLIs were soft pulls (or no pulls?)

In the last 3 days I have applied for: Chase Freedom $200/$500 - Instant Approval $10k (Just found out they closed this account today due to an unsatisfactory relationship with the bank; no idea what for and won't tell me, so this one is out the window,) BankAmericard Cash Rewards $100/500 - Instant Approval $3.5k, Citi Dividend $100/$500 - Instant Approval $5.1k, Barclaycard Rewards for Excellent Credit $100/$750 - Instant Approval $5k, Barclaycard NFL Rewards $100/$500 - Decision in Process (though I'm certain it will be approved,) and Capital One Quicksilver VS $100/$500 - DENIED! Even though I had my Platinum converted to the Quicksilver, I wanted one more $100 bonus offer. Would there be a good chance of me getting approved if I call the backdoor asking for a reconsideration of their decision? Will they initiate another hard pull if I call and request it? Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Quicksilver Visa Signature Denial - Any Chances for Reconsideration?

I doubt it, if they did they may pull all three reports. Look at what you have done with all your applications with such a short credit history. You look desperate for credit and you'll be lucky if you're not CLD or your accounts closed on more of your accounts. The best thing you can do is pay your accounts in full every month and garden for at least a year. IMHO

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 17
knhorn
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I've seen others apply for multiple cards at once and still be ok, I didn't really factor account age into this. So you believe some of my accounts will have their limits decreased or closed outright? I'm not a credit pro by any means, but I would be shocked if any of my accounts were to be closed. And I know, I am way done for at least a year on any new personal line of credit. Thanks.

Message 3 of 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Barclay is very inquiry and new account sensitive. I wish you luck on your credit journey. That's what credit is a journey not a race.

Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Message 4 of 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@knhorn wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I've seen others apply for multiple cards at once and still be ok, I didn't really factor account age into this. So you believe some of my accounts will have their limits decreased or closed outright? I'm not a credit pro by any means, but I would be shocked if any of my accounts were to be closed. And I know, I am way done for at least a year on any new personal line of credit. Thanks.

Just a hint about credit card closing Chase Bank. This forum has many people with information from mistakes made in their 20's. And Chase has had more than their share of extending credit to people in their 20's. I'm pretty sure after underwriting revued your application they felt you didn't meet their guide lines.

Message 5 of 17
knhorn
Contributor

Thanks for the information on Chase. I don't believe I agree in this particular scenario. I used to have my checking account with Chase from 2011 to 2012, and have already had a Freedom /w 5k limit from 6/2012 until 10/2012. Chase closed my checking account first,  and then Freedom on 10/2012. They banned me from doing business with them, and now over a year later I was hoping I had fell off the blacklist. Boy was I wrong, haha. I went to great lengths to find out what I had did that they couldn't disclose to me, and got to a manager just below executive. Still no answer, they reserve the right to do whatever they want at any time without any rhyme or reason. The only thing I can think of was that I was ordering boxes of coins frequently with a personal account, which costs them money.

Message 6 of 17
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@knhorn wrote:

Thanks for the information on Chase. I don't believe I agree in this particular scenario. I used to have my checking account with Chase from 2011 to 2012, and have already had a Freedom /w 5k limit from 6/2012 until 10/2012. Chase closed my checking account first,  and then Freedom on 10/2012. They banned me from doing business with them, and now over a year later I was hoping I had fell off the blacklist. Boy was I wrong, haha. I went to great lengths to find out what I had did that they couldn't disclose to me, and got to a manager just below executive. Still no answer, they reserve the right to do whatever they want at any time without any rhyme or reason. The only thing I can think of was that I was ordering boxes of coins frequently with a personal account, which costs them money.

Using their accounts for that kind of activity is HIGHLY frowned upon by Chase (and a few other banks) and they will shut you down FOREVER if you do it.  Lesson learned!  I would recommend before engaging in stuff like that you do your research first and make sure that a bank won't put an AA on you.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 7 of 17
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry, but I just have to ask. What were you doing with all of those coins?
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 8 of 17
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

wow...stop immediately..get to the garden and PIF you new cards! Chase being new account sensitive I would not be surprised that the closure is due to your recent spree. I learnt my lesson with Chase....did not get a Siggy and horrible APR due app spree ...will never do this again and space out my apps in the future. Rather wait and get favorable terms...this is just me
Message 9 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MACFRME wrote:
I'm sorry, but I just have to ask. What were you doing with all of those coins?

Was this Mint stuff with a Chase credit card, and you deposited them into the bank account?  Or something else?  

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.