Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver WM

tag
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Quicksilver WM

When you upgrade from Platinum MC to World MC dose CapOne ever gives 0% APR for few months?
I upgraded my Quicksilver One to Quicksilver while back, they gave me 15 mo 0 APR, was just wondering if they ever do that from Platinum to World MC!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Quicksilver WM

That's nice they gave u that! But in my theory of cap1 and experience trying to even get a world mc on QS is a roadblock that many can't get let alone the 0% apr. that's some great luck!
Message 2 of 10
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

I went from a Cap Plat with a 6K CL, got it raised to 8K right before PC'ing to QS. I converted straight to a WMC QS, never QS1.

My Plat MC was NOT an AF card, so that may have had something to do with it, along with having over 5K in CL.  

Never got a 0% anything with my PC. 

Message 3 of 10
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

What's the benefit going from Platinum MC to World MC? I'm curious if there's a difference between the two?

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they consider converting to a WMC a product change?  Just curious, they PC'd my platinum to a QS in July, didn't think to ask then if they would make it a WMC at the same time.  Wish I would have at least tried.

Message 5 of 10
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@mitchblue wrote:

What's the benefit going from Platinum MC to World MC? I'm curious if there's a difference between the two?

https://www.capitalone.com/media/doc/credit-cards/benefits-guide-world-mc.pdf

They also have World Elite Mastercard Smiley Wink

I also believe they reduce the overall APR when you get upgraded to WMC. Normally to get any APRs reduced permanently you must have good credit and that goes for most CCs.

Based on what I have seen reported, if your over 5K limit then WMC is possible from CapOne, but I can't apply yet because they upgraded me to Quicksilver 5 months ago and according to CapOne they can make product change every 6 months!

Message 6 of 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

getting cap1 to upgrade you to world isnt really worth energy levels because its not common, one time the EO office kinda of laughed at me when I asked about World Elite. I said forget it, I have 4 WEMC as it is and really the benefits are not something i ever use, so i need to get over the silver MC logo. I have a few that I can use already lol. 

Message 7 of 10
EddieK
Established Contributor

I did it through chat...not much work at all.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 8 of 10
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@mitchblue wrote:

https://www.capitalone.com/media/doc/credit-cards/benefits-guide-world-mc.pdf

They also have World Elite Mastercard Smiley Wink

I also believe they reduce the overall APR when you get upgraded to WMC. Normally to get any APRs reduced permanently you must have good credit and that goes for most CCs.

Based on what I have seen reported, if your over 5K limit then WMC is possible from CapOne, but I can't apply yet because they upgraded me to Quicksilver 5 months ago and according to CapOne they can make product change every 6 months!

Thanks for the explanation. 

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CYBERSAM wrote:

When you upgrade from Platinum MC to World MC dose CapOne ever gives 0% APR for few months?
I upgraded my Quicksilver One to Quicksilver while back, they gave me 15 mo 0 APR, was just wondering if they ever do that from Platinum to World MC!

I'm not sure if the upgrade has anything to do with the BT offer. Before I upgraded my credit card, there were BT offers on my account. If you want to utilize a BT offer check your account to see if you have one. If no, after the upgrade, call and ask if they will give you one. Best of luck!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.