Did you mean: 

Quicksilver => Venture X

tag
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Quicksilver => Venture X

OP, 

As @FinStar noted, some will have the choice to PC.  This is a screenshot from my Quick Silver:

c1 upgrade.jpg

With your current profile,  you will not have any offers to PC to any of their other cards.   

Build up your profile and then maybe cold app for the Ven X.   Looking forward to when to report your success!

Message 11 of 23
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

I'm not sure PCs to a VX are even an option to be honest. I don't know that I've heard of any. But even if they are, as others have said, the minimum SL on a VX is $10k, so your QS would definitely not qualify based on that alone. And if it's bucketed, I don't think it'll *ever* reach $10k.

Did it about a year ago after being denied on application. I had PC'ed Venture->VentureOne-->QS and had an 12k CL.

I lost a SUB but managed to get 2 $400 travel credits somehow + a 25k referral bonus (and the original 50k for being a Venture) and I've got a lot of points off a SavorOne/VentureX combo in the intervening year so it's been worth it.

| Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 18k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi Custom Cash 11.9k | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Freedom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 12 of 23
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

OP, 

As @FinStar noted, some will have the choice to PC.  This is a screenshot from my Quick Silver:

c1 upgrade.jpg

With your current profile,  you will not have any offers to PC to any of their other cards.   

Build up your profile and then maybe cold app for the Ven X.   Looking forward to when to report your success!

Just curious, @NoMoreE46 and @notmyrealname23, but is/was your Quicksilver a Visa or Mastercard?  I suspect a Visa?? 

Capital One has issued the card on either network over the years.  Mine (from 2009) is a Mastercard.  They have been offering me the PC option to either Venture or Venture ONE but (NOT) Venture X.  The difference appears to be that the Venture X is a Visa Infinite versus a Mastercard. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 13 of 23
mgood
Valued Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

OP, 

c1 upgrade.jpg

Just curious, @NoMoreE46 and @notmyrealname23, but is/was your Quicksilver a Visa or Mastercard?  I suspect a Visa?? 

Capital One has issued the card on either network over the years.  Mine (from 2009) is a Mastercard.  They have been offering me the PC option to either Venture or Venture ONE but (NOT) Venture X.  The difference appears to be that the Venture X is a Visa Infinite versus a Mastercard. 

I didn't think of the Visa/MC change. You're probably right. My QS is a MC and it (almost) always says I can "upgrade" it to Venture or VentureOne. I'm not entirely convinced those would be upgrades for me.  My limit is $5850 and I'm sure that if you don't have a $10k+ limit and Cap 1 isn't in the mood to give you a CLI  to $10k, then you can forget about changing that card to the VentureX.  Maybe they'll approve one as a new account,  but I wouldn't bet on it. 

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 25
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 14 of 23
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Aim_High,

My QS is a Signature but originated as a Venture.

Here is my backstory on it.  I had cold app for the Venture card (Signature) in 2017 when the AF was $59 vs the current $95.

With the buzz beginning for the X card,  I was able to PC my Venture to the Venture X (Infinite) by phone in Nov. 2021. 

I guess buyers remorse was kicking in with the $395 AF coming due.

I mathed out that the X wasn't going to be of value to me/current situation.  I called back in March and was given three PC options from the X:

1) Venture with a $95 AF

2) Venture One

3) QuickSilver 

I really wanted to reallocate my entire X  CL to my Savor but this wasn't on the table  (I asked!)  so I chose the QS.

Message 15 of 23
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@mgood @Aim_High ,

Right, I think some of us here are trying to confirm IF Capital One is slotting one's PC opportunities based on your current MC or Visa designation.

It seems like that this is the case since one will retain the

same limit, APR and card number with the PC.

Message 16 of 23
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@mgood wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

I didn't think of the Visa/MC change. You're probably right. My QS is a MC and it (almost) always says I can "upgrade" it to Venture or VentureOne. I'm not entirely convinced those would be upgrades for me.  My limit is $5850 and I'm sure that if you don't have a $10k+ limit and Cap 1 isn't in the mood to give you a CLI  to $10k, then you can forget about changing that card to the VentureX.  Maybe they'll approve one as a new account,  but I wouldn't bet on it. 

Thanks for that data point, @mgood.  I think that network is a consideration on PC to Venture X.  I have the $10K+ CL on Quicksilver (currently sits at $28K) but I've never seen a PC option to Venture X.

Like you, I don't see Venture (or definitely Venture ONE) as an "upgrade."  Maybe if I had no 2% cards, planned to use the Venture points for travel, and had no other travel cards it might be a consideration.  But 2% cards are so common and I have much better options.  Venture X is more competitive IMO for travel, even with the higher fee due to credits and perks.  I doubt I would use Venture enough to justify even a $95 AF.  It duplicates my other cards. 

Business Cards

Message 17 of 23
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

@mgood @Aim_High ,

Right, I think some of us here are trying to confirm IF Capital One is slotting one's PC opportunities based on your current MC or Visa designation.

It seems like that this is the case since one will retain the

same limit, APR  and card number  with the PC.

Exactly, @NoMoreE46.  I had noticed the lingo about the card number before, and Mastercard versus Visa would require a different card number per network designation.  (4xxx = Visa; 5xxx = Mastercard.)  I would imagine that MC/Visa have some stipulations that prevent issuers from changing a card's network ... in some cases.   Although if I'm not mistaken, Chase allowed PC of the OG Freedom Visa to the Freedom Flex Mastercard.   It probably depends on that specific issuer's agreements and terms.  

Business Cards

Message 18 of 23
UncleB
Credit Mentor

In the past Capital One never seemed to care what network a particular card was on when it came to doing a product change.  If you dig around enough, you'll even find some members on this site who have a Savor Visa card due to PC (which has never been an option for new apps).

The Venture X seems to be the exception to this, though.  I suspect that's because the Venture X is a Visa Infinite card, and World Elite MasterCard isn't really equivalent.  To get the suite of benefits associated with "Venture X" the account needs to be an Infinite card, which is only possible with Visa.  

Also, FWIW Capital One has never been willing/able to change a card from MasterCard to Visa (or vice versa) on request.  They have been known to change the network of Discover and Amex cards acquired due to mergers, etc. (usually to MasterCard) but those are the exceptions to the "rule."

Just my 2¢.

Message 19 of 23
mgood
Valued Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

. . .  and card number  . . .

Exactly, @NoMoreE46.  . . .

4xxx = Visa; 5xxx = Mastercard. . . .  

I was going to say that. You beat me to it Man Happy

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 25
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.