Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver or quicksilver one?

tag
Cali_Credit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Quicksilver or quicksilver one?

Ill kept you all updated as I received an email yesterday that my card was shipped.
Current Fico's: TU 797 / EQ 785 / EX 775
Wallet: US Bank Business Edge $16,000 I Chase Ink $18,500 | US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $15,000 | Amex PRG NSL | Barclay Arrival+ WMC $10,000 l Amex BCP $20,000 | PenFed Visa Sig $9,000 | DCU Plat. $10,000 | Logix $10,000 | Discover $18,900 | WalMart $10,000 | Paypal MC $15,000 | Barclay NFL $3,400 | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMC $34,500 | J C Penny $5000 | Target $2000 13 Personal & 2 Business CreditCards
Message 11 of 62
JonStur
Established Contributor

I'm hanging on to my No Hassles rewards structure also....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 12 of 62
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I would bet it is neither in some aspects.  Since the Quicksilver is a Signature card they are certainly not giving that level away to former HSBC customers unless their limit is fairly high, and probably not even then if they can get away with it. 

You have to first consider the source!  It is probably just a Quicksilver with no fee, but not the Signature card.  The only real differences between the normal and the QS One card is the annual fee and Signature benefits.  (Oh and if you have the QS One card you don't get a fee for balance transfers!  You don't get that with the QS card!)

So they probably just gave you the rewards of the QS platform and no AF, so basically the QS One card without a fee. 

You could always ask them, but you know you might have to ask a few different CSRs there to get the right answer!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 13 of 62
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

i was recently approved for the quicksilver and i knew nothing about the quicksilver one.....what is the difference in the cards(i havent recieved mine in the mail yet). Now im wondering which one i got...lolSmiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 62
CMoney91
Valued Member

The Quicksilver card is not necessarily a Signature.  Mine only has a $3,000 limit and is just a VISA Platinum.

Sallie Mae BarclayCard - $3000 (6 Months) | Chase Freedom - $3500 (6 Months)
Capital One Quicksilver - $6000 (9 Months) | Bank of America Better Balance - $5000 (9 Months)
Rooms to Go GECapital - $6600 (9 Months) | Discover IT - $4300 (2+ Years)
Subprime Accounts: 1FBUSA - $5500 (4+ Years) | Capital One Platinum MC - $1250 (4+ Years)
Message 15 of 62
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@trying_to_B_good wrote:

i was recently approved for the quicksilver and i knew nothing about the quicksilver one.....what is the difference in the cards(i havent recieved mine in the mail yet). Now im wondering which one i got...lolSmiley Very Happy

The QuicksilverOne is a Mastercard with an annual fee of $39 and a minimum credit line of $300. The Quicksilver is a Visa with no annual fee and a minimum credit line of $3,000.

Message 16 of 62
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@CMoney91 wrote:

The Quicksilver card is not necessarily a Signature.  Mine only has a $3,000 limit and is just a VISA Platinum.

Yep just read the terms on Capital One's website and it says Quicksilver with less than $5,000 credit lines are Platinum.

Message 17 of 62
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

@CMoney91 wrote:

Yep just read the terms on Capital One's website and it says Quicksilver with less than $5,000 credit lines are Platinum.

Well I am sure what they really mean is that accounts with less than or equal to $5,000 are Platinum.  But I am sure Capital One would not restrict someone to $5,000 simply to reduce people from getting the Signature benefits. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 18 of 62
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

I'll share my experience with cap1 and my quicksilver card. I just called last Saturday to upgrade my regular visa card to the new quicksilver card. The csr said my account was eligible and did the PC. He did inform me that it would be a signature card with no annual fee which I thought was weird because I thought signature cards start at 5k min. I have a 4k TL with them. I haven't got my card yet and the website doesn't say anything about it.

Message 19 of 62
kroberts67
Established Contributor

I got the upgrade to QS through Facebook.  I originally requested no AF.  When he read me the disclosures he said nothing about an AF but I didn't think to confirm.  I haven't received my card yet but my letter said welcome to "No Hassles Rewards" or something to that effect, and wasn't the letter you received specifiying the upgrade to Quicksilver (or QuicksilverOne).  Has anyone just received a No Hassles letter?

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 20 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.