Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver upgrade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quicksilver upgrade

@jamevfan wrote:

I currently have a Capital one Secured Platimum with a SL of 200 and is now 500 (i did not add more money) also I have the Cap One SQ1 with an inital SL of 500 which is now at 2000. How can I PC? Also when you PC does it change your AAoA or show as a new line of credit?

I used online chat and asked if I had any offers available. They said I could upgrade to QS. It does not change AAoA as it is an internal change only. I'm not sure if they would easily PC you to QS from QS1. I feel like they would want to keep you in the annual fee...but it never hurts to ask! 

I'm not sure about graduation of your secured card, but depending on it's age, you could sure ask about it! 

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamevfan wrote:

I currently have a Capital one Secured Platimum with a SL of 200 and is now 500 (i did not add more money) also I have the Cap One SQ1 with an inital SL of 500 which is now at 2000. How can I PC? Also when you PC does it change your AAoA or show as a new line of credit?

People have been known to PC QS1 to QS, I just think it depends on if they have an offer for you. PC with Capital One doesn't change your AAoA, as it is the same account with same account number, and unfortunately the same APR.Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@jamevfan wrote:

People have been known to PC QS1 to QS, I just think it depends on if they have an offer for you. PC with Capital One doesn't change your AAoA, as it is the same account with same account number, and unfortunately the same APR.Smiley Happy

Good to know, Bella! Thanks! 

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jamevfan wrote:

Good to know, Bella! Thanks! 

Seconding the upgrade from Cap1 QS1 to regular Quicksilver. It's been a little less than two weeks since I upgraded. Everything stays the same (at least it did for me). In case this is important to you, they would not upgrade me to the WEMC though. I guess my CL was too low for the WEMC. I'm not sure. They just said that everything about the card (except no annual fee) will stay the same.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got bumped from Platinum to Quicksilver sometime last year I think. I can't really tell, because apparently it's a token change -- my card is now Quicksilver but my statement still says Visa Platinum.  My last CLI in September bumped me from $1500 to $4500, just shy of the Visa Signature threshold.  I suspect I'll be able to muster another big bump on my next CLI spree in March, at which point I'll have at least my second Visa Signature.

Message 15 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got bumped from Platinum to Quicksilver sometime last year I think. I can't really tell, because apparently it's a token change -- my card is now Quicksilver but my statement still says Visa Platinum.  My last CLI in September bumped me from $1500 to $4500, just shy of the Visa Signature threshold.  I suspect I'll be able to muster another big bump on my next CLI spree in March, at which point I'll have at least my second Visa Signature.

+1

I also got PC'd from a QS1 to a Quicksilver back in the spring.  The account will still say 'platinum' since it's not a WMC or WEMC (or 'Signature' if Visa)... in this case 'platinum' is the MC level of benefits, not the actual product.  It can get confusing - whoever at Capital One decided it would be wise to offer a product called 'platinum' should be whipped.  whip.gif

I'm also "close but not quite" when it comes to qualifying for a WMC.  After my last CLI a few months back I'm now at $4900, and with a little luck I'll be able to finally cross the $5k threshold in a few months.  When (if) that happens, I plan to PC to a Venture One to pick up the WMC, then after the obligatory six month wait I'll PC back to a QS, keeping the WMC designation.  This has worked for others numerous times, and with a little luck it will work for me as well.

All that being said, I'm still happy just to have a 'regular' QS... my old QS1 annual fee was $79, and this is my oldest bankcard (will be 10 years in a few months) so I wanted to keep it around if at all possible (but not for $79/year). 

Note:  There are a few people who have reported being able to get the WMC/Signature Visa upgrade via the EO, but it was a pain.  The easiest way by far seems to be to do a PC once your CL is $5k+.  Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 22
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

I started with QS1 Platinum MC, got upgraded to QS with 3K limit and no WMC. Apparently that can be upgraded only when you have 5K CL and when a product change had occurred. Such as QS1 to QS or QS to Venture etc.

I have not seen any reports that when there is a PC with WMC it would turn to WEMC.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I PC'd my Platinum to QS, it remained a standard (Platinum) Mastercard even though I had previously gotten a CLI to $7k.  My understanding is that Cap One rarely if ever changes card tier on an existing account - I got my QS WEMC on a cold app which was approved at $10k...and yes, the original QS is going to be combined onto it in 6 months  Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Someone mentioned in a thread somewhere that the Cap1 Platinum upgraded to a Cap1 Quicksilver also upgraded benefits to MasterCard World or Elite. I only have a 300 CL. What are the facts here? Anybody know? Cap1 CS doesn't seem to know what I'm talking about....

I posted a thread about this: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-Progress-From-Platinum-to-World/td-p/4697524

I started with a Platinum Mastercard... product changed to the QS1... product changed to the (no annual fee) QS, and then I contacted Capital One about the Quicksilver World Mastercard and no one knew anything about it, so I wrote and faxed the CEO and the Executive Office and within a month and a half they upgraded my tier from a Platinum Mastercard Quicksilver to the World Mastercard Quicksilver.  All that was required of me was patience and nothing more.  I know that there is now a World Elite Mastercard Quicksilver and I am going to get my tier upgraded again.  

original.jpeg

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a pc on a platinum with 4k limit straight to a QS WMC. There seems to be no rhyme or reason with what they do sometimes.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.