Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilverone Pc to Quicksilver?

tag
Goodwillhunting
Valued Member

Quicksilverone Pc to Quicksilver?

Can this be done? I currently have the quicksilverone through a PC from their platinum card. I'm interested in the world mastercard and wanted to know has anyone tried this with any luck? Im curious to know if eo could help me with a request like this. I'm sure that if I wanted the world mc that id have to have the quicksilver and not the one in order to do a PC to a wmc.
Amex Blue Cash Everyday $15,000 | Citi Thank You Preferred $12,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 | Mid-Atlantic Credit Union $5,000
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdub
Established Member

Re: Quicksilverone Pc to Quicksilver?

I am in the exact same situation. My credit picture has improved dramatically since I got my Cap 1 Platinum card years ago, I now have prime cards with Amex, Chase, Citi and Discover but I was stuck with a subprime card with Cap 1 and they wouldn't budge. I just got them to product change me to the Quicksilver One, but I'd like to have the Quicksilver. The only reason I don't cancel the card is the positive impact on my AAoA. Interested to hear your results and what others have to say!
Message 2 of 6
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@gdub wrote:
I am in the exact same situation. My credit picture has improved dramatically since I got my Cap 1 Platinum card years ago, I now have prime cards with Amex, Chase, Citi and Discover but I was stuck with a subprime card with Cap 1 and they wouldn't budge. I just got them to product change me to the Quicksilver One, but I'd like to have the Quicksilver. The only reason I don't cancel the card is the positive impact on my AAoA. Interested to hear your results and what others have to say!

+1. I already have a QSO and they want to PC my old Plat to another QSO. I cant get them to budge and switch to the no AF QS instead. They are more than happy to waive fees though. 

Message 3 of 6
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Goodwillhunting wrote:
Can this be done? I currently have the quicksilverone through a PC from their platinum card. I'm interested in the world mastercard and wanted to know has anyone tried this with any luck? Im curious to know if eo could help me with a request like this. I'm sure that if I wanted the world mc that id have to have the quicksilver and not the one in order to do a PC to a wmc.

In order for it to be a World MC you would need to get the credit limit above 5k...

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 4 of 6
Goodwillhunting
Valued Member

thats what I thought. I requested a cli through eo and hopefully ill know by thursday. provided im granted the increase, i wanted to know if its possible to go from a qso to a qs...untimately a wmc. im thinking that thats a pc they arent readily willing to do per some of the other case studies on capone ive read when researching the previous posts.

Amex Blue Cash Everyday $15,000 | Citi Thank You Preferred $12,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 | Mid-Atlantic Credit Union $5,000
Message 5 of 6
subsnao
Regular Contributor

I did this just the other day. I PCed from my Journey card to the no AF QS card, with no hassle. And the Journey is a creppy little card in and of its own. I don't have the most spectacular credit, and have only been with Cap1 for almost 1.5 years. Give the EO a call, the frontline CSRs are worthless unless you have a question that does not pertain to a CLI or APR reduction or PC. 

Waiting on a CLI request through EO... should get a call today or tomorrow.

In the garden as of 2/22/2015
Scores:
TU: 753 (Discover FICO 7/2014) EQ: 721 (FICO 4/2014) EX: 723 (FICO 3/2014)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.