Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quite the Chase Surprise . . CLD

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: Quite the Chase Surprise . . CLD

@n777ua wrote:

how many inq's did chase deem excessive?

8 over 6 wks

How many were mortgages within a 30 day period

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 21 of 54
FrugalRican
Blogger

I wonder if you know what your FICO scores really are.

You said you pulled all three scores this morning. Where did you this? You can't just pull your Experian FICO score anymore.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 22 of 54
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

how many inq's did chase deem excessive?

8 over 6 wks

How many total after the 8? I'm assuming all 8 were on all 3 cra's? What bureau did chase pull to approve for cards? And how many total on that report?

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 54
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

This kind of stuff is why I don't do business with Chase.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 54
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

You said you pulled all three scores this morning. Where did you this? You can't just pull your Experian FICO score anymore.

Relax on the questioning. Hes answered a bit on his situation and it appears Chase is acting like a fool if hes telling the truth that its related to just INQ's and a loan that was recieved.

Message 25 of 54
FrugalRican
Blogger

@AF_23 wrote:

@FrugalRican wrote:

Relax on the questioning. Hes answered a bit on his situation and it appears Chase is acting like a fool if hes telling the truth that its related to just INQ's and a loan that was recieved.

It's relevant.

INQ's are part of the equation, his FICO score very may well be a part of the "reasons" as well. Notice, they hinted at two "main" reasons, there could have been more and the letter might hint at that. The OP is operating under the assumption that the FICO scores he pulled are the correct ones, when it may be lower OR even higher. If they are in fact higher, it makes the situation all the more unusual... specially since the INQs are mortgage-related and the non-computer personnas working at Chase should have been able to read the classification.

Sorry if it seems like "unrelaxed" questioning, but I've learned that "main reasons" usually means there are more than just the main ones, but minor ones as well. It helps for one to paint a full picture in order to get a better idea of where one stands.

I'm just merely trying to help, that is all... specially if I see someone who is potentially pulling FAKOs, thinking they are FICOs.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 26 of 54
n777ua
Established Contributor

FICO or FAKO I guess I really don't know the difference, they are the scores I get from my credit monitoring, which is through USAA.

Interestingly enough, when I got home today there were three separate letters from Chase dated 7/17, all stating the same thing.  Only one reason noted for the CLD, which was "RAPID INCREASE IN REVOLVING DEBT"

huh? The Chase rep I spoke with earlier today didn't say anything about that, and the letters I have today state nothing about INQ's....

Also, looks like they softed TU.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 27 of 54
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

FICO or FAKO I guess I really don't know the difference, they are the scores I get from my credit monitoring, which is through USAA.

Interestingly enough, when I got home today there were three separate letters from Chase dated 7/17, all stating the same thing.  Only one reason noted for the CLD, which was "RAPID INCREASE IN REVOLVING DEBT"

huh? The Chase rep I spoke with earlier today didn't say anything about that, and the letters I have today state nothing about INQ's....

Without reading the whole thread I suggest you call the executive office right away and demand reconsideration and/or explanation.  It is like night and day when talking to the executive office employees. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 28 of 54
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@n777ua wrote:

They are FAKO scores ~ take a look at the credit scoring101 thread in this link, it explains the differences between FAKO and FICO scores:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Helpful-threads/td-p/415263

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 29 of 54
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I recommend buying one FICO from here just to give you an idea where you stand.  BTW, are DW and you joint on accounts?  Trying to understand why a personal loan by her would affect you.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.