Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBFCU Cashback rewards now 2% everywhere

tag
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

RBFCU Cashback rewards now 2% everywhere

https://www.rbfcu.org/loans/credit-cards

They used to have a very convoluted rewards scheme. This just made this card a great option for a daily driver.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RBFCU Cashback rewards now 2% everywhere

Yes, the 2% card has been out for a few months now. We do not hear much about RBFCU around here due to their limited field of membership. 

Have you applied for the card yet?

Message 2 of 10
jacetx
Valued Contributor

I posted this a couple days ago but got no responses. Guess not many people here have/know the card. I have the Premier Rate one but changing the product requires a HP and your account # changes.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/RBFCU-Cash-Rewards-now-2/m-p/4995946

Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Id imagine being limited field of membership and that many are jaded to a 2% , lol, its not gonna catch fire. Now put a .5 and open membership, the fico stampede would shut down apps for a monthSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Id imagine being limited field of membership and that many are jaded to a 2% , lol, its not gonna catch fire. Now put a .5 and open membership, the fico stampede would shut down apps for a monthSmiley Wink

From your fingertips to God's ears. I have been so bored with MyFico lately. There have not been any flavour's-of-the-month or bandwagon cards in forever. I miss being entertained by the OCCU Duck card, Nasa, BBVA Compass NBA card et. al. fiascos. Le sigh. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 10
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

@ CO_NATIVE, I had the old rewards card, and just got a letter telling me about the new reward structure. This would've been exciting news, if I didn't already have a USAA limitless card. I lime that there are now multiple 2% cashback everywhere options, though.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yellowcake wrote:
@ CO_NATIVE, I had the old rewards card, and just got a letter telling me about the new reward structure. This would've been exciting news, if I didn't already have a USAA limitless card. I lime that there are now multiple 2% cashback everywhere options, though.

This. While other MyFicoers fawn over those metal, high AF cards, the Limitless is this boy's dream card LOL. RBFCU is still good to have around but that sexy Limitless pretty much makes all other flat cashback cards irrelevant. 

Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, i came aboard at the tail end of Nasa, when PF was NAVY, NBA was on fire, and agree its been quiet. Sure there have been a few triers, lol , like Avianca or whst have you but itll be fun to see the dogs of war released upon the credit world. Can you imagine if someone finds a trap door nto NavySmiley Wink
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, i came aboard at the tail end of Nasa, when PF was NAVY, NBA was on fire, and agree its been quiet. Sure there have been a few triers, lol , like Avianca or whst have you but itll be fun to see the dogs of war released upon the credit world. Can you imagine if someone finds a trap door nto NavySmiley Wink

I had been lurking here since 2011; back then it was the PSECU Visa/Ploc combo and free credit score; the absolute best was the Duck/Beaver cards. I miss those days! 

Message 9 of 10
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

I remember when the US Bank Cash+ came out Smiley Very Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.