Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECON QUESTIONS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RECON QUESTIONS

If a CC company asks "why so many apps for new credit"...Is there a BEST answer? .....

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: RECON QUESTIONS

my favorite has always been...........

"yes, I realize that 40 INQ over the past year for credit may seem excessive, but I have been rebuilding aggressively, and much to my astonishment, I was very successful!! Had I known about this particular credit card then, like I do now, which meets all my needs, I wouldn't have had to attempt so many other cards."

LOL Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The best answer is the truth - what the underwriter is looking for is an honest explanation of what you were doing/thinking...trying to figure out whether or not those inquiries indicate desperation, or just excessive shopping

Message 3 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The best answer is the truth - what the underwriter is looking for is an honest explanation of what you were doing/thinking...trying to figure out whether or not those inquiries indicate desperation, or just excessive shopping

This is true..its how I got back in with Chase after a recent major burn. Plus I got lucky with a amazing UW Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

"I'm planning a bust-out fraud, and need all those cards to maximize my gains".  So if you goals are nefarious, sometimes telling the truth might not be the best plan....

Message 5 of 13
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Just be honest with UW, I had 50 inq on EX while on my applying frenzy and whenever they'd ask I'd say I'm building and going to keep those cards for the long run not just bonuses Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pizza's response is hilarious.

I've never been asked that question but I think it's generally best to tell the truth with the type of stuff..
Message 7 of 13
stellar
Established Contributor

What not to say to that question:

I'm a credit card hoarder

What are you, a cop?

Gambling has highs and lows, I need lots of cards to cover it.

I just LOVE to shop!

My income isn't enough, I need credit to get the lifestyle I deserve!

lol

Message 8 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes , tell them thats the only way to obtain more creditSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

stellar says.....

What not to say to that question:

I'm a credit card hoarder

What are you, a cop?

Gambling has highs and lows, I need lots of cards to cover it.

I just LOVE to shop!

My income isn't enough, I need credit to get the lifestyle I deserve!

............................................................................................................................gosh darn STELLAR..yOU MUST HAVE 300K of credit. I count 47 cards....pretty amazing. A billfold for them must be expensive...LOL

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.