Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RED Card CLI?

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

RED Card CLI?

I was wondering with Target RED Card, is there any way to get a CLI? i see everyone with the same limit of $200 like me with decent limits on their other cards. When i contacted Target they said there is no way to ask for one, and they give them out randomly, but when i checked my CR it shows who checked it with a SI and target wasnt on there, so clearly they arent looking. So i was wondering is the only real way to get a CLI by threating to close? Because my friend recently applied instant approved for $2500, so makes me wonder how can i get my CL up on my redcard and not be stuck with a $200...

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: RED Card CLI?

From what I've seen on this forum threatening to close the card won't really help, nor will contacting EO.  I'm one of the few that got a CLI from $500 to $1000 after getting the card this June.  I use it every couple weeks and spend maybe $20-30 at a time.

edit: spelling error

Message 2 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Nope.  One individual attempted escalating it to their EO, which took roughly about 30 days for a call-back, and not much upward movement IIRC.  Threatening to close will not do anything either, they will call your bluff.  On the upside, some folks have been getting auto-CLIs on their REDCards so it just depends what your credit profile looks like and what kind of usage you're putting through it.  I got three auto-CLIs on my Target Visa this year alone.

Message 3 of 4
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

I contacted eo and accomplished nothing. Explained when I got the card I was a student. Now my hhi is 75k, my daughters and I usually do a weekly target shipping trip to see what's new etc etc. i have not used my card since getting their reply. And I haven't been shopping their either. They dont seem to want my business.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.