Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REI Co-op Mastercard moving to Capital One

tag
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

Re: REI Co-op Mastercard moving to Capital One

Smiley Sad  I have been Capital One free for six months, and now I guess I am headed back....and my next CLI date is 8/15 Smiley Sad

Not a Capital One fan here.

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $70k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k | Citi AA Biz - 20k
Message 11 of 17
slither43
Regular Contributor

I must have missed the email but I did get a letter in the mail yesterday in regards to the change over. Can't say I'm disappointed. I started with a $5k credit line and I had balances go up on a few of my other cards and USBank balance chased me down to $500 over 2 months, which I find laughable. Scores are all 800ish now and usage is about 5% but I'm not wasting a hard pull to get it back up and they sure as heck haven't offered over the past TWO YEARS. At least I have the option of a soft pull request with CapOne. $500 limit renders this card useless at the moment

Message 12 of 17
mrpuffrabbit
Valued Member

So now its just a better version of the Quicksilver, unless you value C1 perks like the travel portal??

Feb 2022 F8 - EQ: 785 | EX: 780 | TU: 795
Curve Card misconceptions - facts/DPs and discussion
Message 13 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mrpuffrabbit wrote:

So now its just a better version of the Quicksilver, unless you value C1 perks like the travel portal??

That was my initial thought, but the rewards on this card are really only usable at REI, as compared to the pure cashback of Quicksilver.

But if you do a lot of shopping at REI and so can always use the rewards (plus of course the 5%!) this beats Quicksilver

Message 14 of 17
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

I wouldn't consider C1 as hitting home runs with CLIs. Out of the 2 banks, I do think USBank is willing to work with you. C1 just seems like they read from scripts and rely on algorithms only. 

JR
Message 15 of 17
sportsguy83
Regular Contributor

I'm pretty indifferent about this change. Being able to redeem more frequently is a nice change as is the $50 credit towards REI classes/events.

Beginning Rebuilding - February 2022

Current Scores - June 2023

Goal Scores - January 2024

Message 16 of 17
artaqua403

Not sure how similar US Bank and Elan are with limits, but they gave me a $21k limit off the bat with only one bureau pulled, whereas Cap 1 denied me a while ago and pulled all 3 bureaus.  Not sure if I want to try Cap 1 again in the future.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.