Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REI Mailer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

REI Mailer

I received a mailer from REI regarding the REI World Mastercard.  It says there's a 0% introductory APR for 12 months, 5% back at REI, 1% back on other purchases and $100 gift card offer.  There's an offer code and states the offer code is only good through June 30th.  Is this any sort of a prequal/preapproval or is it just a standard mailer that goes out to all members?  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: REI Mailer

I'd look to see if there's a solid APR mentioned. If there's a huge range in APR terms, then its probably a marketing thing.

I'll let other senior members chime in.
Message 2 of 8
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'd look to see if there's a solid APR mentioned. If there's a huge range in APR terms, then its probably a marketing thing.

I'll let other senior members chime in.

+1

I get them too every once and a while. Hopefully, I’ll get one with a solid APR now that I have a US Bank Card, when I’m ready to add some new cards.

Fortunately my Cash+ (for the moment has REI) covered in sporting goods. 

As an aside, do you shop at REI? 😋 I get my hiking gear there, really wish they carried more Arc’teryx products...

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a mailer with a 200 dollar gift card offer. Not doing any SUB offers for less than 400 dollars in value so even though I could use a family tent I passed.
Message 4 of 8
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got a mailer with a 200 dollar gift card offer. Not doing any SUB offers for less than 400 dollars in value so even though I could use a family tent I passed.

Wow I’ll take that!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ll take that offer. Looking to buy me a mountain bike.
Message 6 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I received a mailer from REI regarding the REI World Mastercard.  It says there's a 0% introductory APR for 12 months, 5% back at REI, 1% back on other purchases and $100 gift card offer.  There's an offer code and states the offer code is only good through June 30th.  Is this any sort of a prequal/preapproval or is it just a standard mailer that goes out to all members?  

I got one too. The fact that it's got a range of APR's is a giveaway that it's just marketing.

In the past I've applied 2 or 3 times for the REI card, after receiving similar mailers, and was denied each time.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gregory1776 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow I’ll take that!

I was going to send you the offer code but looks like they check your zip code against the offer code and if they don't match they don't let you through. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.