cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIP Amex BCE and Citi Diamond Preferred!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: RIP Amex BCE and Citi Diamond Preferred!

Thanks Finstar. I don't have time for stragglers. AARP and Penfed Platinum Cash with take their place just fine! Smiley Happy

Message 61 of 78
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: RIP Amex BCE

@Revelate wrote:

Other than for those churning I would suggest that evaluating a card on a one year time horizon doesn't a good plan make.

Yes, I agree.  One year is far too long.

Oh, you didn't mean that!

Message 62 of 78
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:
Thanks Finstar. I don't have time from stragglers. AARP and Penfed Platinum Cash with take their place just fine! Smiley Happy

So no CSP to pair with the Freedom in the future?

Message 63 of 78
baller4life
Super Contributor

When my 2 yr jail term is up, I'll think about it. LOL. I have WAY more than 5 new accounts right now.
Message 64 of 78
taxi818
Super Contributor

Im too new at my fico to understand the impact of closing so many accounts. Does it help in AAoA. or just give peace of mind?. I do have some cards i will not use so much. but i hate to hurt my already fragile fico score. Good for you baller. getting rid of things not needed. I need to read some more on the actual impact. not my oldest. i will keep that which is a cap one secure card. but. middle of the road cards. is where im not sure.

Message 65 of 78
baller4life
Super Contributor

Well taxi I only closed two so it wasn't like a gang of them. Lol. The only impact is utilization. Which in my case won't be any affect. My total credit will go from $219k down to $216k. So, I'm good. They will remain on my reports for the next 10 yrs and still count towards AAOA.
Message 66 of 78
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Well technoically to be clear it doesn't add to your AAoA for 10 years say a card is open for 9 months that nine months will report for 10 years, not age for 10 years, if that makes sense.  So 2 years from now it will still be a 9 month old account for another 8 year and so on.. Age doesn't grow.

Message 67 of 78
baller4life
Super Contributor

But of course CC. I'm assuming everyone knows that. It's not aging cause it will be closed.
Message 68 of 78
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:
But of course CC. I'm assuming everyone knows that. It's not aging cause it will be closed.

Never assume or at least I don't, just wanted to make sure people understood so they don't go closing 5 accounts or what not and think they will continue to ageSmiley Happy

Message 69 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Baller..you said bye bye to Diamond preferred and I said hello!
Message 70 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.