cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIP Quicksilver - Your limit is just too small, your CLI a joke.

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: RIP Quicksilver - Your limit is just too small, your CLI a joke.

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I bet they werent dead when they approved you for a cc as your credit was in the dumps lol. Great thing about credit is there will always be multiple lenders so we have choices. I think the days of ignorsnce about Cap One are long gone, plenty of resources that let us know how Cap One treats certain cards so it shouldnt be any suprise when big cli doesnt come.. We are but numbers to them so as you say its just business. Time to move on and play the $1 SlotsSmiley Wink

+1

Over the years here. So many come and complian how Cap1 treated them. Well they did get approved by Cap1 when no one and I mean no one would touch them when they got their Cap1 cards. They're a rebuild card, thats all. I'm no different. Everyone sees my RIP cards below. Without them I wouldn't be where I'm at. They served their purpose and I moved on. But I never came on here and complained. I read more than posted back then and knew what they were for. Rebuild only. Be thankful folks they got you where your at. Without Cap1 many would be stuck in vulture secured hell with fees, or Cap1 giving chances. Once you get what you want. Close em and move on. I stayed loyal and doing pretty darn good with the top 3 they offer for a BK'er. Carry on. 

Message 11 of 17
One2spooku
Valued Member

I've got the exact opposite issue.     My 300 dollar credit steps QS1 is now a QS WMC with a 15k limit. Took a few years. Amex on the other hand won't budge. I've been stuck at 1k for 2 years.   Eligible for another CLI in May. If they don't do anything for me they'll get cut. 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@One2spooku wrote:

I've got the exact opposite issue.     My 300 dollar credit steps QS1 is now a QS WMC with a 15k limit. Took a few years. Amex on the other hand won't budge. I've been stuck at 1k for 2 years.   Eligible for another CLI in May. If they don't do anything for me they'll get cut. 

My QS started as a Platinum, though.  I think that's the difference. :-/

Message 13 of 17
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

It is not the card, it is your account but I am sure you actually know that.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 14 of 17
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Good for you, chop ‘em if they aren’t working for you!

Amen to that lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you use them and pay on them eventually they will be good to you. My QS1 started at a platinum with a 500sl. It's now after a 1 1/2 years pc'ed to the QS WMC at 5250. everything is possible i may be in a group that gets love from CO. I Have heard a bunch of bad things from posters bashing them. But my experience has been nothing but flawless minus my mistakes in the past putting me on the used book shelf. They served there purpouse and still do for me. They took a chance on me after my ch7 3 years ago and for that i will always thank them and try to remain loyal to them. Just my 2cents to each there own and good luck to you OP.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you use them and pay on them eventually they will be good to you. My QS1 started at a platinum with a 500sl. It's now after a 1 1/2 years pc'ed to the QS WMC at 5250. everything is possible i may be in a group that gets love from CO. I Have heard a bunch of bad things from posters bashing them. But my experience has been nothing but flawless minus my mistakes in the past putting me on the used book shelf. They served there purpouse and still do for me. They took a chance on me after my ch7 3 years ago and for that i will always thank them and try to remain loyal to them. Just my 2cents to each there own and good luck to you OP.

It's not necessarily bashing Cap 1 overall just their practice of "bucketing" and triple pulling for a mediocre card and an account that is unlikely to grow that people take issue with. A <$1000 limit makes it hard to put any substantial spend on it unless you're paying it off every time you swipe it. And 1.5% is hardly competitive for a cashback card. Personally, I appreciate them getting me started but in the year since I've gotten this card I've gotten approved for cards with better rewards and higher limits that actually grow and that seems to be the case for most others as well. So it's not that Cap 1 is awful or anything it's just that their business practices keep them from being a useful card after one acquires other products from other lenders. My Discover card for example, which I got one month after my Cap 1, started at a measly $500. BUT it has actually grown since then to $1850 and even without a giant limit still has use for the 5% rotating catagories. AND 0% APR for 15 months and the cashback match for the 1st year! That blows the Platinum w/ Quicksilver benefits out of the water. And I can receive a credit limit increase with Discover every month versus Cap 1's every 6 months. This leaves a bad taste in some folks mouths knowing that to get a higher limit one must a) wait for 6 months since their last CLI (which was likely only $100-$300) or b) apply for a new card with them and take a triple pull for it. If they offered either LARGER or MORE FREQUENT CLI I think we would hear much less complaint about them. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.