Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raaaage @ discover....

tag
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

Raaaage @ discover....

My discover statement end date is the 12th, and Dec 12th statement would have been my 6th.

2 reasons why I was eagerly waiting for that 6th statement: (1) possibility of an auto-cli? or even trying to request one over the phone without a hardpull and (2) the recently announced FICO given on statements, and this 6th statement would have been the first statement since that announcement.

So after waiting for almost a full week and no statement, I checked with online chat, and was told no statement would be cut without activity on card.

Ffffuuuuu...

(EDIT for clarity of message: I'm more so annoyed at waiting for a new statement to look at my fico. CLI, not so much... I'll take it if it comes, if not then fine by me.)

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Raaaage @ discover....

dang.. don't be mad at discover. Smiley Sad  so sorry! Here is to next month however one month out of 6 with no activity doesn't lead me to believe one needs an auto-cli? lol

Message 2 of 14
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@xerostatus wrote:

My discover statement end date is the 12th, and Dec 12th statement would have been my 6th.

2 reasons why I was eagerly waiting for that 6th statement: (1) possibility of an auto-cli? or even trying to request one over the phone without a hardpull and (2) the recently announced FICO given on statements, and this 6th statement would have been the first statement since that announcement.

So after waiting for almost a full week and no statement, I checked with online chat, and was told no statement would be cut without activity on card.

Ffffuuuuu...

Just a warning...don't count on that 6-month magic cli from Discover...it's a YMMV situation for sure. I have had mine for 10 months, heavy usage, PIF and I have been calling each month from the 6th, and no flexibility...only a HP for a cli. The rep keeps saying my account is "scheduled" for review. I SD'd mine for the whole Holiday shopping season. It will be my "bubble gum and soda" card until some luv comes my way...lol.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Yep, no activity no statement. As stated here Discover is not a set in stone issuer of CLIs, for me they have come randomly with no discernable pattern to apply.

Message 4 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Discover now allows you to call and "check for sp CLI" every 90 days... but they seem to still heavily prefer HP CLI.

Message 5 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@KennyS2006 wrote:

dang.. don't be mad at discover. Smiley Sad  so sorry! Here is to next month however one month out of 6 with no activity doesn't lead me to believe one needs an auto-cli? lol

+1

OP, how is this Discover's fault?  I think if you expect results then you need to make sure you know how to use the card accordingly to reap those benefits (i.e usage/activity, etc).

Message 6 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

+2 there's no need for a statement and CLI if you don't even use the card.....
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@enharu wrote:
+2 there's no need for a statement and CLI if you don't even use the card.....

+3

and next month do NOT expect an auto CLI...if it happens be happy but do not get mad if it does not happen. My Discover limit is half of my lowest limit and 10% of my highest limit. Smiley Wink  I did heavy use of the card now for 12 months 60-70% util and PIF but cannot match my lowest CL. I am accepting their decision and give them a  break now. I asked every 3 months at 6, 9 and 12 months mark and it was a no go. So maybe asking every 3 months was contra productive. I will see what happens if I do not ask anymore for a while. Will use this card for the 5% only from January and for this the limit is OK.

Message 8 of 14
defserv
Established Member

Discover Likes to see usage.. I've had my "IT" Card for 9 months and have had 1 auto cli and have requested the second and is sitting at $10,000. My "More" card is sitting at $15,000.

Message 9 of 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@defserv wrote:

Discover Likes to see usage.. I've had my "IT" Card for 9 months and have had 1 auto cli and have requested the second and is sitting at $10,000. My "More" card is sitting at $15,000.

Does not work for me somehow Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.