Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raaaage @ discover....

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: Raaaage @ discover....

I didn't get a CLI at my 6th statement either, so don't be angry.  I did finally request the HP and went from $1000 to $5000 after speaking with an analyst.  They basically told me that since I asked for $5000, that is all I could get.  If I had asked for more I might have gotten more!  I have used the card with the Shop Discover feature for a lot of online purchsing this holiday season.  I reap the benefit of an additional 5% - 20% or more I think on some purchases.  I just got 10% on something I bought!  Since I only shop online it is well worth it for me to use the card! 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 11 of 14
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

Fellas, I think you guys are overplaying the whole CLI angle.

That was only ONE reason why I was annoyed;

The main problem with statement not cutting is I didnt get my FICO score, despite waiting eagerly for a month.

Relax, look at my credit lines in signature; I can honestly care less if Discover wants to CLI or not.

Message 12 of 14
samm90
New Contributor

Well at least we now know they won't issue statements if you don't use their card.
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Message 13 of 14
Brax
Frequent Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@defserv wrote:

Discover Likes to see usage.. I've had my "IT" Card for 9 months and have had 1 auto cli and have requested the second and is sitting at $10,000. My "More" card is sitting at $15,000.

Does not work for me somehow Smiley Sad

Are you redeeming $50 Cashback Redemptions for statement credit? My only two auto CLIs so far in 9 months occured right after redemptions.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.