Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rakuten Visa To Be Replaced with 2% Synch Premier WMC

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Rakuten Visa To Be Replaced with 2% Synch Premier WMC

@RASULL12 wrote:

Mine reported after a made a purchase. It just replaced the rakuten card on my reports with the new name everything else stayed the same. 

Thank you for confirming this; this is what was expected from previous instances but always nice to know for sure!  Mine hasn't changed in how it's reported yet but I am assuming it will change when the statement closes in early November.

I wasn't able to use the online activation for the card and had to call and press buttons to acknowledge that my account was changing.  Surprisingly though they did give me a $1500 CLI at activation (from $10k to $11.5k).  I had been getting the "you already have the maximum amount that we offer..." letters when requesting online previously for Rakuten.  I tried asking for more when I added the card to online management and got the usual "Your request for an increase has been denied." screen.  I'll be interested to see the letter to find out if that's because of this auto increase being too recent, if this one is also capped without calling Credit Solutions, or if my reports being frozen are the cause (the way their systems work, you can't enable the VS4 monthly scores they use to manage Synchrony accounts if your reports are frozen).  Interested to hear others' experiences with credit lines on this going forward.

Message 91 of 93
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

We had two cards.  Not converted.  I would not worry anything.  Both had good use when they were first opened.  Then some of the good stuff just died.  So cards had been dormant anyhow.

I would not lose sleep over them.

Message 92 of 93
okurosetta
Regular Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I wasn't able to use the online activation for the card and had to call and press buttons to acknowledge that my account was changing.  Surprisingly though they did give me a $1500 CLI at activation (from $10k to $11.5k).  I had been getting the "you already have the maximum amount that we offer..." letters when requesting online previously for Rakuten.  I tried asking for more when I added the card to online management and got the usual "Your request for an increase has been denied." screen.

I had a very similar experience - could not activate the card using my PC or phone, so I called and pressed buttons too. I also got a $1.5k CLI at activation (from $5k to $6.5k). I also had been denied for CLIs, though my reason was always "Insufficient experience at current credit limit." Haven't tried asking for a CLI with the new card though - site is currently down for maintenance, plus I do not plan on keeping it long-term so would be more of a "for science" thing. Sure don't mind the mini-SUB while gardening!

Future P2
Chopping Block Chopped
Message 93 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.