Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random questions that don't deserve a separate thread

tag
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Random questions that don't deserve a separate thread

Post your random questions here, which you think don't deserve their own thread. I'll start off with the following:

1)      Is there a general consensus on this forum regarding the minimum credit score for getting U.S Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card?

2)      For how long do you need to have a Chase card before requesting for a CLI?

3)      For how long do you need to have a U.S Bank card before requesting for a CLI?

4)      For how long do you need to have a Citi card before requesting for a CLI?

5)      Do the following lenders do a SP or HP whenever requesting for CLI?

a)      Amex

b)      Chase

c)       U.S. Bank

d)      Citi

e)       Capital One

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Random questions that don't deserve a separate thread

@cowboyguy wrote:

Post your random questions here, which you think don't deserve their own thread. I'll start off with the following:

1)      Is there a general consensus on this forum regarding the minimum credit score for getting U.S Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card?  From what I can tell, it is recommended that you have a good AAoA, min 720 score though some have been approved with less, low utility and minimal inqs.  No baddies

2)      For how long do you need to have a Chase card before requesting for a CLI? The typical wait time is 6 months and all CLIs should expect a HP though they had done them with a SP.  Rule of thumb... any CLI or new credit app should result in HP excluding Amex.

3)      For how long do you need to have a U.S Bank card before requesting for a CLI? Sorry... don't know the answer to this one

4)      For how long do you need to have a Citi card before requesting for a CLI? 6 months and expect a HP but I and many have received them with a SP.  Depends on the timing on your most recent SP to your CBs by them.  You can request a CLI every 6 months.

a)      Amex  SP for all CLIs - 

b)      Chase Expect a HP

c)       U.S. Bank Don't know.. sorry

d)      Citi  Expect a HP but be happy for the SP... I haven't had a HP yet for an increase

e)       Capital One If you have one of the rebuilders... HAHAHAHAHAHA - good joke.  What's a CLI?

Hey cowboyguy!

My thought is that there is no question that doesn't deserve a separate thread.  All your questions have been asked before and they are good questions.  That's how we all learn.  JMHO Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 20
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Thanks improvingmycredit.

Yes that was exactly my point. These questions didn't deserve a separate thread of their own & I thought it would be better to summarize these in a single thread Smiley Happy

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 3 of 20
rtw
Established Contributor

How many inquiries on EX is too many for AmEx?

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 4 of 20
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@rtw wrote:

YMMV... Amex uses a internal scoring system.  I would say... if you are concerned that you have too many inqs... wait a full 6 months before apping the card you want.  FICO takes into acount a full years worth of inqs and who knows how the internal system of Amex weights them.  But a good rule of thumb is:  6 months between apps.  

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 5 of 20
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

2)      For how long do you need to have a Chase card before requesting for a CLI?

I requested one as soon as I received the card and another about two months later; both were approved.

3)      For how long do you need to have a U.S Bank card before requesting for a CLI?

They told me six months and not one second sooner

4)      For how long do you need to have a Citi card before requesting for a CLI?

Six months, no other option

a)      Amex - soft

b)      Chase - hard

c)       U.S. Bank - soft for a small amount, hard for a larger amount

d)      Citi - do the form online and it will tell you if it will need to pull a report or not. it will approve you for a certain amount from a soft and if you want more, a hard pull will be done.

e)       Capital One - soft

Message 6 of 20
djrez4
Established Contributor

@rtw wrote:

Not 9.

Message 7 of 20
flowfaster
Established Contributor

What is a "small" amount for the cash+ cli?
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 8 of 20
dude11
Regular Contributor

Thanks for trying but you will see these questions asked again within a matter or hrs regardless. LOL.

Such as, where do I find the Capital Exec office number? Who do I have to rub the right way to get in with Amex? And you get the point. LOL

Message 9 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Been away for a bit (busy jobs good for savings rate, no bueno for everything else in life...) but we've been talking about trying to alleviate that on the forums somewhat as I think we all agree we do get a lot of the same questions over and over again.  I have to see where that old conversation went but I heartily agree it would be a good thing.

        
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.