Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Length of credit history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently had Amex backdate my membership for a new Blue card to 1992 (which is when I opened a now closed Amex green card). However, so far, my FICO report does not reflect this change and says the length of my credit history is not good. Does it take awhile for ScoreWatch to update this information? I thought it would automatically change the next time Amex reported my account to them. Do I have to specifically request that Amex do this? Thank you very much.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long has it been? I'd give it 60 days before taking action.
Message 2 of 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

I had the same good luck a few weeks ago.  so far my eq and tu are updated with the new membership date.  i am still waiting for ex to update.  according to the credit reporting dept. at amex they update all 3 cra's simultaneously, so in my case ex just has not updated the info they received from amex as quickly as the other two.  you can call amex credit reporting to ensure they submitted the update to the cra's but probably have already and the cra's just haven't updated yet.

telex. 800) 874 2717 
fx. 801) 801-945-2884
if you call they'll need your amex account number from your cr as reference.

mirkast wrote:
I recently had Amex backdate my membership for a new Blue card to 1992 (which is when I opened a now closed Amex green card). However, so far, my FICO report does not reflect this change and says the length of my credit history is not good. Does it take awhile for ScoreWatch to update this information? I thought it would automatically change the next time Amex reported my account to them. Do I have to specifically request that Amex do this? Thank you very much.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been about a month. I guess I will wait and see and then call Amex. Thanks for your responses.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.