cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Trying to PIF Before It's reported, Can someone please answer this question?

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Re: Trying to PIF Before It's reported, Can someone please answer this question?

Does Anyone know when the following cards report to the CRA

HSBC CASH FLY

HSBC DIRECT MERCHANTS

HSBC GM

Whenever I pay these cards ( or should I say whenever I use these cards) I try to PIF before the statement closes. Each one closes between the 22nd & 25th of each month only to discover that when I look at my reports one or more of them report whatever your balance is at the END of the month. I just wanted to know when do they report. I can't get a simple question answered by calling them. It appears that Direct Merchants report as of the statement date. Not sure though
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Oh and BTW, if it wasn't for the fact that these accounts are 10 & 11 years old, I'd cut them into millions of pieces.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if you can count on what somebody else has to be what you have.

But our Orchard account was reported last day of the month (which was an HSBC).

However, I have accounts that my wife also has her own through various CCC's and we have different statement and reporting dates.

Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It seems that most HSBC and Orchard bank cards (as opposed to store cards) update the balance as of the last business day of the month. They actually send in the info toward the end of the first or second week of the following month. Their straight store cards (i.e., the Best Buy store card, as opposed to the Best Buy Reward Zone MC) seem to report on the statement date.

An exception per CWCID, if I have this right: the HSBC Direct Merchant something-something card updates on the statement date. As you can see, I'm pretty shaky on the exact card. I believe he said that it's not a very common card any more, but it sounds like you might have it as well.

What's a "Cash Fly" card? It gives me a mental image of cash flying out the window...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Direct Merchants Bank MC reports the statement balance on the statement date monthly.
Message 5 of 6
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Thanks for your help
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.