Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready for an app spree

tag
sueyang83
New Contributor

Ready for an app spree

Just just a little update..I am closing on my house tomorrow at 1pm.  I want to go on an apps spree after closing.

What are some good cards??  I don't want to random choose some cards that will cost me an inquires. 

I currently have Cap 1 Plat with a CL of $750 and a Cap 1 quick silver with a CL of $300.  Both have $20 balance.  I'm going to ask for a CLI.

I had a chapter 7 discharge back in June 2011.  My score underneath are pretty current.

I want to get a Barclay card but I'm not sure which one and what are my chances.

No Citi, Chase, BOA, Discover, or GEMoney(Walmart)  for me because I burned them in my chapter 7.

After reading all the BK friendly post, I got it narrowed down to Barclay, Amazon, Cap 1 and some department store card.  I read that we should stay away from department store cards so are there any more good one out there?

EQ-628: TU-649; EX-650 (Lender pull as of 08/01/13
Goal-700
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Ready for an app spree

@sueyang83 wrote:

Just just a little update..I am closing on my house tomorrow at 1pm.  I want to go on an apps spree after closing.

What are some good cards??  I don't want to random choose some cards that will cost me an inquires. 

I currently have Cap 1 Plat with a CL of $750 and a Cap 1 quick silver with a CL of $300.  Both have $20 balance.  I'm going to ask for a CLI.

I had a chapter 7 discharge back in June 2011.  My score underneath are pretty current.

I want to get a Barclay card but I'm not sure which one and what are my chances.

No Citi, Chase, BOA, Discover, or GEMoney(Walmart)  for me because I burned them in my chapter 7.

After reading all the BK friendly post, I got it narrowed down to Barclay, Amazon, Cap 1 and some department store card.  I read that we should stay away from department store cards so are there any more good one out there?

write directyly to EO for cap1, don't even bother calling about CLI... and ask for say $3k or so on each.

Amazon is GE, but probably decent chance that they will issue cards again even after burning them in BK

Barclay Arrival seems to be very popular these days

not sure 2 years is enough but Discover will also forgive after a bk burn.

Message 2 of 27
sueyang83
New Contributor

Ok thanks...I guess my choices are very limited.  I just don't want to get hit with all these inquires.

Should I get the CLI first or go on the app spree?

Goal-700
Message 3 of 27
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@sueyang83 wrote:

write directyly to EO for cap1, don't even bother calling about CLI... and ask for say $3k or so on each.

Amazon is GE, but probably decent chance that they will issue cards again even after burning them in BK

I thought Amazon is Chase?

Message 4 of 27
missjae
Established Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@sueyang83 wrote:

I thought Amazon is Chase?

Amazon Store card is backed by GE and the Amazon Visa is through Chase.

Message 5 of 27
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

GE doesnt really hold a grudge so I would go for that.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 27
sueyang83
New Contributor

What cards are under GE?  I only know Walmart and Amazon store card (according to acouple post up)

I am planning to apply for 5 good cards. 

Help me name 5 of them..

So here's my list that I had gather so far..

Barclaycard

Discover (maybe)

GE

Goal-700
Message 7 of 27
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

I would definitely add Citi Simplicity & Chase Freedom Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 27
sueyang83
New Contributor

Citi will reject me in a heart beat.  I had a mortgage with them and deeded the home back in 2009.  I owed $114,000 and they sold it off for $44,000.  My SSN is probably red flagged. Also, I had a chase card that was included in the BK. 

Goal-700
Message 9 of 27
sueyang83
New Contributor

Got instant approval for Barclay arrival for $1900

Got instant approval for Walmart for $500

Got denied by Discover

Maybe will apply for one more...I looked at Amazon visa and Chase and they both ask about BK so I know it will be a No No.

Goal-700
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.