Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Credit reports from Amex Creditsecure

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Real Credit reports from Amex Creditsecure

Ok, I am probably dumb for not knowing this......

I talked to credit secure this morning to find out why Amex is not reporting (Apparently it takes "2-6 months"!!!!!!!!!!!).  I also mentioned that I couldn't see soft inqs, and they said that for EX and TU you use the "dispute" tab and you can start a dispute, view you full report and then then not actually dispute anything.

So I know know that Amex is checking me monthly on EX, Barclays is checking me monthly on TU, and when Chase harded my EQ for a CLI, they also checked EX.

Interesting.

CreditKarma is also showing up on TU BTW.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Real Credit reports from Amex Creditsecure

MidnightVoice wrote:
Ok, I am probably dumb for not knowing this......

I talked to credit secure this morning to find out why Amex is not reporting (Apparently it takes "2-6 months"!!!!!!!!!!!).  I also mentioned that I couldn't see soft inqs, and they said that for EX and TU you use the "dispute" tab and you can start a dispute, view you full report and then then not actually dispute anything.

So I know know that Amex is checking me monthly on EX, Barclays is checking me monthly on TU, and when Chase harded my EQ for a CLI, they also checked EX.

Interesting.

CreditKarma is also showing up on TU BTW.

Yep, this is what has been referred to as the "EX backdoor."  Start a dispute but don't complete it, and you get to see all your softs.

Amex didn't A/R me at all from the time I got the card in November until January.  Then in January, the week after I requested my CLI, they hit me three times within a week.  Nothing at all since then.

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had not pulled CS as I did not want AMEX alerted of my recent collections-

Well CS found them and alerted amex.

I check my EX report all the time-
Message 3 of 25
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

cheddar wrote:

Yep, this is what has been referred to as the "EX backdoor."  Start a dispute but don't complete it, and you get to see all your softs.

It is also the TU backdoor!

But not EQ
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do the same thing with your TU report thru TC....
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:

cheddar wrote:

It is also the TU backdoor!

But not EQ

Pretty cool.  I didn't know you could do this with TU, too.  I guess I never scrolled down the page to see the TU link.

That link's not working for me, though.  It takes me to TU's site but I'm getting "page not found" errors.

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:

Can Amex use reports you pull from CS as the basis for AA?  I wouldn't think they'd even be allowed to look at them, since there is information on there that's for your eyes only, like soft pulls, which your creditors aren't allowed to see.

The site you pull CS reports from is hosted by EX.  I don't think the reports even go through Amex's servers.

Message Edited by cheddar on 02-14-2008 07:30 AM
Message 7 of 25
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I've been thinking about signing up for CreditSecure. Is it equal to TrueCredit?
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everytime I get an Alert there is a AMEX AR the same day or the next day-

Soooo.......

cheddar wrote:

Timothy wrote:

Can Amex use reports you pull from CS as the basis for AA?  I wouldn't think they'd even be allowed to look at them, since there is information on there that's for your eyes only, like soft pulls, which your creditors aren't allowed to see.

The site you pull CS reports from is hosted by EX.  I don't think the reports even go through Amex's servers.

Message Edited by cheddar on 02-14-2008 07:30 AM

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does not have reported dates- that is the thing it is really missing-

You can pull everyday- no need to wait 24 hrs-
My Accounts don't line up as well as they did on TC- but it did not take long to get used to it- 

Nice summery's - and at 11.99 it is cheaper-

FretlessMayhem wrote:
I've been thinking about signing up for CreditSecure. Is it equal to TrueCredit?

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.