Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Barclays, REALLY???!!

tag
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Re: Really Barclays, REALLY???!!

@distantarray wrote:

what card or reward kept you loyal to barclay? with your scoreI would've got a better card, unless there's a card  or benefit i'm not aware of in the barclay line up which is possible since I never even looked at those ccards cause it almost never gets discussed here.

also don't close the barclay account keep your oldest account alive, i would just keep buying only toillet paper with that card every few months to just to show them how you feel about their recent lack of customer service =)

Originally, it was my rebuilder card. I chose it because I was an avid Barnes&Nobles shopper. So it's 5% percent savings when paying with your B&N MC at B&N,

plus1 point for each dollar you spend anywhere, and at 2,500 points, you get the $25 gift cards.

Once I stopped shopping at B&N, it became pointless. Just the card I reached for out of habit. A bad habit at that. 

But yea, toilet paper.. haha.. I just may do that Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Or maybe buy an energy drink lol or pack of gum :-P
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 13
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Another example, in addtion to my own, is why I refuse to do business with Barclay and Capital One.  There cards served their purpose with me for a while and now I've moved on.  Never again.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.