Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Discover...C'mon Already!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really Discover...C'mon Already!

So I have had Disco It sice April 13 of this year and, in looking at my ytd page i have spent the following::

** Total charges and credits - $21,979.72

** Balance Transfers              $18,851.12

** Purchases                          $2562.55

PLUS!!!!  FEES-------->          $565.53

So....in almost 6 months (five statements) I have paid out about $22,400.00. Each statement I am runnig the balance up to about 4600-4900 (limit is 5500) and paying in full before statement cuts.  Received a $500 cli on July 6th....but...since then...nothing...nada...zippo. I mean really...what else do I have to do.  Evertime I speak to Disco they tell me hey...we love you...great account...just need to see a little more history. What???? Every time I hit the "no luv" button I get the no experience at credit limit line. I have about 30 of these letters.

Oct 7 is 91 days since the last cli...if the don't give me a cli im closing the card. just so furious. Any opinions or thoughts would be well appreciated.  i am going to have a cigarette and watch game of throwns on tivo...just to calm down.

Gregg

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Really Discover...C'mon Already!

Unfortunately while I get your frustration, you have to realize that CLIs are not just handed out in exchange for x amount of time. The meme about 6 month CLIs and stuff on here sometimes causes people to believe these things are "due" on a certain date, when in reality they arent.

Anyway, just keep using, paying down, and youll get a a CLI eventually. No point in closing the card that youre obviously getting use out of
Message 2 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think calming down is a good thing. You've had this card less than six months. Smiley Tongue I've seen a lot of people go through worse and wait much longer for any love from Discover. Yes, you've put quite a bit of money through the card but thats your choice. X amount of money doesnt necessarily guarantee an increase. Sucks but thats how it is. If you want to close it feel free, think thats a bit premature though.

btw Discover cli's are typically after 90 days and it hasnt been that long since your last one.
Message 3 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I know what you are saying...just dont get it...when the disoo choo choo train went insane and was making it rain with thousands of dollars in cli's week after week...sometimes days apart...and I have paid 22K in 5 months and can't even get a hand out...i mean really...who does their algorithms...disney?

Message 4 of 76
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

it took over an year for me to get an cli from discover but once i got first one the cli just kept on coming.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 76
baller4life
Super Contributor

Took me 10 months to get any luv and I've seen some go 18 months+. It takes a lot of patience with Discover. Sorry OP.
Message 6 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.. I jjust like to know what disco's parameters are...you know...like what do you want...what dont you like...I guess im asking much...but when they tell me "we want to ses a little more history with you" yet give a 6K cli to someone who has the account for 2 months with $20 a month spend and fico of 650...just so uneven...uggh

Message 7 of 76
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yea there's really no rhyme or reason to discover. Same goes for who they do and don't approve.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know...Im going to try again at 91 days...maybe they dont like balance transfers??? I dont know...I mean they keep renewing my 0% offer over and over again. My TU is 773...so, your guess is as good as mine

Message 9 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hand out would imply that you spent nothing and expect the world. Does your credit reflect a respective increase in risk for the lender?
Message 10 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.