Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Discover...C'mon Already!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Really Discover...C'mon Already!

So in reflection I have decided to let the account rock on and just leave it be...use it as I have been...and cease with the cli requests (except the one for october 7, 91 days) for a while.  I want to thank you all, so very much, for the guidance you have given. Could not have come to this decision without it.

Please help me stop smoking.  Between amex and discover im at 2 packs a day Smiley Happy

Message 51 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asume nothing...and expect everything Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

assume...sorry Smiley Happy

Message 53 of 76
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

Discover is not a card known for handing out higer limits or CLIs. I would say that is one of the best cashback cards. I dont even use their cards for the 5% categories since most of the time I am working on min spend of some card but I never miss out to use their ShopDiscover Deals. They are the best and have helped me in racking up close to 1k$ in 1 year. You can see from my signature that the limit on my Discover is paltry but still I get good benefit out of it for a no Annual fee card. Not to forget the double cashback promo which is going on right now. I am making use of Discover Deals more than ever and eyeing a sizeable amount by the end of the 12 months of the promotion.

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 54 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took 18 months before I received any auto luv from Discover and they only increased my CL by $800. Best of luck OP!
Message 55 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

after reading through this thread i thought why not give it an try and discover just gave me another CLI, I don't know if it has to do with me putting lot of spend on amazon this quarter to get the 5% cashback or not.

Congrats on your CLI!!

Message 56 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

this was me during discover CLI train.

if I got denial message...

Thanks for the laugh!!!Heart

Message 57 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is sad b/c I want to use disco as my daily driver...and I tell them this...but a cl of 5500 cant work for me...Right now I use the venture primarily...spend about 8-9K a month (I put everything on it..cable..insurance..etc) and pay off before statement cuts...I want to use disco for this but they wont afford me the opportunity.

Message 58 of 76
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It is sad b/c I want to use disco as my daily driver...and I tell them this...but a cl of 5500 cant work for me...Right now I use the venture primarily...spend about 8-9K a month (I put everything on it..cable..insurance..etc) and pay off before statement cuts...I want to use disco for this but they wont afford me the opportunity.

just have to be patient, and you can pay off your bill multiple times an statement period , unless you have to buy something thats over 5500 dollars in one shot. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 59 of 76
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can use it as a daily driver just fine. You just have to make more frequent payments. I know it's a PITA but it's not as if you can't use it.

Message 60 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.