Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really loving Chase right now ...

tag
iHackerSix
New Contributor

Really loving Chase right now ...

Ok so anyone that's read my posts knows I went from 790's many years ago to the low 600's and have finally been getting back in the credit game. Well yesterday, with 680 Fico's across the board, I applied for the Chase United Explorer Plus Visa and was approved!!! I am super siked right now. I've been using my current cards responsibly and never exceeding more than 20% usage on any card and it seems to have worked out. I can't be any more excited right now. Just posting to encourage anyone trying to climb back on the credit train. Now where's that garden again?

PS: This is also my first Visa Signature with a starting limit of 5,000.00. Not bad, not bad at all Chase..

PPS: I posted this exact thread on another website and I'm reposting here to share the news with MyFico forum members...

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Really loving Chase right now ...

Congrats on your approval, welcome to Chase family!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 20
12njoy
Super Contributor

iHackerSix,

Congrats.  I was just recently approved for the Chase Slate card ($2,500).  Not bad after including them in a 2003 BK which they didn't forget about Smiley Wink  I am actually going gardnening this morning literally (the fall leaves are falling in droves)

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 3 of 20
12njoy
Super Contributor

It does feel good to read "You're approved".

___________ 12Njoy
Message 4 of 20
chris1960
Regular Contributor

Good to see your success.

I'm trying to get back into 700's too...keep up the good work

EQ 650 | TU 652 | EX 676 MyFICO SCORES 06/01/2014

Current Cards: NFCU nRewards Visa $25,000 | Citi AAdvantage Visa Sig $7000 | USAA VFW Amex $7,000 | Lowes $5,900 | Chase SWA RR Visa Sig: $5,000 | AMEX BCE $5000 | AMEX PRG NPSL
Message 5 of 20
12njoy
Super Contributor

@chris1960,

You're well on your way.  How I miss the CITI Smiley Sad

___________ 12Njoy
Message 6 of 20
navyox
Regular Contributor

Way to go!   I just got my Explorer in the mail on Thursday, it was also my first Visa signature.   I have been nothing but pleased with Chase so far.   I've had to call them a few times for random stuff and give the CSRs I dealt with very high scores across the board.   Their webiste is also top-notch.  

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 7 of 20
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Welcome to the Chase Fam!
Message 8 of 20
resilient
Established Contributor

Congratulations and keep climbing!

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 9 of 20
bigbang91
Established Contributor

congrats!Chase is awesome! I applied for United and were approved instantly for 5500,even though at the time my only cc is WF secured for 300$. A week later i tried my luck again with Chase freedom,with 5 inquiries on my credit profile,yet chase approved me again for 3500$. Unlike stupid WF.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.