Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really weird week with Amex

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Really weird week with Amex

Good luck with everything OP. I kinda understand how easy it is get a little overzealous with card apps. I came here several months looking for input on a 2% everyday card to replace my Discover card as my daily driver because the cash back match was ending, and 5 cards later here I am! 🙈😂
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 41 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

Gotcha...had to look around here for "churner".

Yeah, OP doesn't wan't to appear psycho to Amex by closing after opening a few accounts. They already have whiplash.

Message 42 of 60
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

In not starting it. If I do, I'll see every disapproving gif in @FinStar collection

@sstromberg  you and Amex need to start seeing other people for a while.

Hopefully nothing happens, and everyone moves on unscathed.

I wouldn't stop using cards, that would be the last drop in a very full bucket if you collect the SUB then SD. 

Also, it's really no different for other lenders. You have to exercise a bit better judgement when handling your credit.

RuPaul.gif

Message 43 of 60
Jccflat
Established Contributor

If that's the case do I risk myself also 

I have 6 acts I am a AU on Amex using Heavy the gold charge card for work like 5k a month 

but pay the balance every few days wen it reaches 1500$ balance ?

i don't let a balance seat 

I do like 7 payments a months I have a feeling they love it 

Message 44 of 60
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

In not starting it. If I do, I'll see every disapproving gif in @FinStar collection

I wouldn't stop using cards, that would be the last drop in a very full bucket if you collect the SUB then SD. 

Also, it's really no different for other lenders. You have to exercise a bit better judgement when handling your credit.

RuPaul.gif

FinStar, I'll never forget this disapproving gif look you gave. It was priceless. 😆

26CB5CBF-FEE9-470A-AB44-73D242746EAD.jpeg

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 45 of 60
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

RuPaul.gif

FinStar, I'll never forget this disapproving gif look you gave. It was priceless. 😆

You get Bert when you do something 

Ru is for when you might do something 

Ru is 35% less severe.  I think. 

Message 46 of 60
Penjamin_Fedington
Valued Member

Image result for soup nazi

Message 47 of 60
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

RuPaul.gif

You get Bert when you do something 

Ru is for when you might do something 

Ru is 35% less severe.  I think. 

Exactly Smiley Tongue

Message 48 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

The disapproval is strong here, for when Bert doesn't even get the point across.

AB5B399E-0612-4633-8753-1E728171DE85.jpeg

Message 49 of 60
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Jccflat wrote:

If that's the case do I risk myself also 

I have 6 acts I am a AU on Amex using Heavy the gold charge card for work like 5k a month 

but pay the balance every few days wen it reaches 1500$ balance ?

i don't let a balance seat 

I do like 7 payments a months I have a feeling they love it 

The difference here is that you've had your cards for a while, right?  If you just got them and are doing that, it's certain to raise some eyebrows.  If you've been with them for a while, everything else is in order, and this is your norm that they're accustomed to then yes, they love it!

Message 50 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.