Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding CC options?

tag
Malcono
Regular Contributor

Re: Rebuilding CC options?

@Medic981 wrote:

I only recommend Opensky if you cannot get a secured major CC. The secured CCs listed will all graduate to unsecured at some point if you take care of your credit. Opensky will perhaps get your credit to the point where you can get a major CC however it will never graduate.

I very much agree with this.  

Use Opensky as a last resort.  

But it's definitely very beneficial if you don't have any other options.  

Total Credit: $107,000Utilization: 1%AAoA: 2yrs, 4mthsAoOA: 3yrs, 1mthAoYA: 1yrs, 10mthsBaddies: 0

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started repairing / establishing my credit with a Discover secured card. They released my deposit back to me 6 months later and increased my limit within the same week. I would definitely reccomend them.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RonM21 wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

Until you get free of that mess, you shouldn’t apply for anything. With your low scores and collections, you will only garner HPs and declines, which will further decrease your scores.

So first things first—take care of the collections.

@CreditInspired wrote:

Until you get free of that mess, you shouldn’t apply for anything. With your low scores and collections, you will only garner HPs and declines, which will further decrease your scores.

So first things first—take care of the collections.

+1

Welcome @Anonymous!!  And to the above point, see if there is anything you can possibly do about getting the collections deleted by PFD or other.  Depending on what your situations are with these collections, it may be worth a shot.  If you do not mind, could you list the collections and amounts owed?  

Oh yeah, already did my due dilegence with the 3 collectors and will keep on their asses as I know they can get lazy when re-reporting to the Big 3 for removals. 

Message 13 of 15
calyx
Super Contributor

@Malcono wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

I only recommend Opensky if you cannot get a secured major CC. The secured CCs listed will all graduate to unsecured at some point if you take care of your credit. Opensky will perhaps get your credit to the point where you can get a major CC however it will never graduate.

+1

I was denied for Cap1 & DiscoverIt secured (and couldn't prequalify for any others), so I went with Opensky since they don't pull your credit.  They charge their annual fee up front, and other than taking a really long time to post payments in the beginning, they've got a decent phone app, and they've been great when I've had to call customer service.  It helped raise my score enough that after a few months I qualified for CitiSecured and an unsecured DiscoverIt.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@calyx wrote:

@Malcono wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

+1

I was denied for Cap1 & DiscoverIt secured (and couldn't prequalify for any others), so I went with Opensky since they don't pull your credit.  They charge their annual fee up front, and other than taking a really long time to post payments in the beginning, they've got a decent phone app, and they've been great when I've had to call customer service.  It helped raise my score enough that after a few months I qualified for CitiSecured and an unsecured DiscoverIt.

I hear ya much appreciated. btw, how'd you setup that nice lil tag in the signature area? 

Joe W

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.