Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding, Need Help on Next Move

tag
rebuildingincb
Contributor

Rebuilding, Need Help on Next Move

First, let me say thank you to all the members!

I have learned so freaking much in such a short period of time.

Here is my situation:

Current CC's:

Credit One: $400 CL $0 Balance (should be reported that way on 21st statement, just paid off and got CLI from $300 this month) Opened 3/12 no lates.

First Premier: $300 CL $0 Balance (reported as such) Opened 7/12

Helzberg/Cap1: $2100 CL $1406 Balance (reported as $1555 but new statement should be 18th) Opened 12/12

Cap1 Secured: $300 CL Balance $0 Opened 4/13 Not reported yet, already added $99 to increase from $201 to $300 (call me weird but I didn't like the $1 on the end LOL) Should report 6/23/13 (second statement) and am going to try to increase to $500 by then.

BADDIES:

I have 6 Collections.

1 being removed due to DV letter

1 Paid

Working on rest, all but 2 are from '07, so are old and coming off by this time next year. One is from 2010, other from 2012.

I have 2 Judgements in PR.

These came from folding my business in 2007, both are aging off soon, one in 11/13 other in 3/14

I have 1 charged off auto loan (from same time) DoFD is 4/07

I also have a good auto account that was paid on time always, paid off in '04.

So, I just joined my local Credit Union and am thinking about opening one more secured card with them before gardening until early 2014. I am hoping by then I can get a major card like Chase or Discover with a decent CL. I may try to add to both secured lines between now and then to get them both to $2k CL each by then as well as pay off my Helzberg card to $0.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

~ addicted to my credit~

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Rebuilding, Need Help on Next Move

@rebuildingincb wrote:

Here is my situation:

Current CC's:

Credit One: $400 CL $0 Balance (should be reported that way on 21st statement, just paid off and got CLI from $300 this month) Opened 3/12 no lates.

Helzberg/Cap1: $2100 CL $1406 Balance (reported as $1555 but new statement should be 18th) Opened 12/12

Cap1 Secured: $300 CL Balance $0 Opened 4/13 Not reported yet, already added $99 to increase from $201 to $300 (call me weird but I didn't like the $1 on the end LOL) Should report 6/23/13 (second statement) and am going to try to increase to $500 by then.

BADDIES:

I have 6 Collections.

1 Paid

Working on rest, all but 2 are from '07, so are old and coming off by this time next year. One is from 2010, other from 2012.

These came from folding my business in 2007, both are aging off soon, one in 11/13 other in 3/14

So, I just joined my local Credit Union and am thinking about opening one more secured card with them before gardening until early 2014. I am hoping by then I can get a major card like Chase or Discover with a decent CL. I may try to add to both secured lines between now and then to get them both to $2k CL each by then as well as pay off my Helzberg card to $0.

~ addicted to my credit~

IMO  you have enough cards for now. You should continue gardening these accounts and focus on resolving your baddies. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! Working on your baddies while you are rebuilding is very important. That being said, you have opened a few cc's that I would swipe out for the CU account - namely the FP and if that CreditOne is charging fees it would go too.

If you are lucky enough to open a secured cc with your CU, I would close/sd the FP nd Credit One, continue to work on the baddies and garden for 1 yr. your judgments, CO car will be gone. If you aren't successful in getting the last 2 collections off- at least you will not have them plus a repo, and judgments.
Message 3 of 8
rebuildingincb
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Welcome to the forum! Working on your baddies while you are rebuilding is very important. That being said, you have opened a few cc's that I would swipe out for the CU account - namely the FP and if that CreditOne is charging fees it would go too.

If you are lucky enough to open a secured cc with your CU, I would close/sd the FP nd Credit One, continue to work on the baddies and garden for 1 yr. your judgments, CO car will be gone. If you aren't successful in getting the last 2 collections off- at least you will not have them plus a repo, and judgments.

My only concern with that (closing FP and CreditOne) is that they are my two oldest accounts, one just over a year and one almost a year. I was thinking I would wait until I get a major bank card or two before closing them, as well as age my Helzberg and Cap1 cards.

The Cu already said I could get a CC on security in my shares account, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I am hoping to build my revolving accounts/limits to boost my FICO so in the next 18mos I can refi my condo and get a good rate. Am hoping I can get close to 700 by then when all the BADDIES fall off and my accounts age with low uitilization.

Thoughts?

Message 4 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I should have added closing the cc's will affect your util. The closed accounts will stay on your CR's up to 10 yrs or less. Only suggested closure if they were charging fees.
Message 5 of 8
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@rebuildingincb wrote:

Here is my situation:

Current CC's:

BADDIES:

I have 6 Collections.

1 Paid

~ addicted to my credit~

I think giving it some time so your baddies age off completely would serve you the best. The best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 6 of 8
rebuildingincb
Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@rebuildingincb wrote:

Here is my situation:

Current CC's:

BADDIES:

I have 6 Collections.

1 Paid

~ addicted to my credit~

I think giving it some time so your baddies age off completely would serve you the best. The best of luck to you.

Thanks. So you are saying it wouldn't help to get the TL from my CU and let it start aging now? I don't need to use it, I am just trying to build up my score and show good management, as well as build the relationship with the CU so I can use them for possible future loans (car, refi home etc...)

Message 7 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@rebuildingincb wrote:

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@rebuildingincb wrote:

Here is my situation:

Current CC's:

BADDIES:

I have 6 Collections.

1 Paid

~ addicted to my credit~

Thanks. So you are saying it wouldn't help to get the TL from my CU and let it start aging now? I don't need to use it, I am just trying to build up my score and show good management, as well as build the relationship with the CU so I can use them for possible future loans (car, refi home etc...)

Exactly Smiley Happy

You should really focus on getting your baddies removed and gaining positive history on your current accounts.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.