Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding-Need higher limit for business travel

tag
Swiftd03
Established Member

Re: Rebuilding-I thinNeed higher limit for business travel

Why wouldn't I tell them about the business expenses? That was THE reason I went out and got the card.

Message 11 of 63
ah12345
Contributor

Re: Rebuilding-Need higher limit for business travel

good will all negative items with creditor or collection company and yes pdf-pay for delete but since you said they are paid only option you have is to sent out good wills hopefully they will be nice and delete iy

Starting Score: 607 (5-3-12) EQ FICO
Current Score:671 EQ FICO (12-15-13);669 TU FICO (12-5-13); 699 (12-2-13) WALMART FICO; 695 EXP FICO (6-24-13)
Goal Score: 700+ Across The Board

Message 12 of 63
Swiftd03
Established Member

You think a good will letter will work with a mortgage company? Never even thought that was an option, obviously I have a lot more to learn.

Message 13 of 63
ah12345
Contributor

Yes they do but can't give up when they tell you they can't keep sending them eventually you will get someone that will remove your lates rebuilding credit takes a lot of dedication but will be worth all the trouble

Starting Score: 607 (5-3-12) EQ FICO
Current Score:671 EQ FICO (12-15-13);669 TU FICO (12-5-13); 699 (12-2-13) WALMART FICO; 695 EXP FICO (6-24-13)
Goal Score: 700+ Across The Board

Message 14 of 63
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Secured card if you can come up with any sort of non-trivial deposit.

Failing that, not sure you have many options for unsecured credit besides running up some ugly subprime cards and sucking up the reimbursement until you can qualify for better cards in the future.  The fees would suck but if it's between that and being rather hosed for my gig, I'd throw away the 200/year in AF's.

        
Message 15 of 63
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

I just think it would make you sound desperate for credit and with your file i just dont think that telling someonenwho is taking a big risk (at least in thier mind), on you that you have major company expenses that you have to pay will get you what you need. You can always call cap one, but indont think they will do much right now. Hardest partnof travelling can be rental cars even ifnyou use cash or a debit card, they sometimes will do a hard pull on you credit just to do the rental. Guess it really could not make things worse to press your case as far as expenses go. It was just my first thought to try not to sound desperate. All cap one or someone else could say is no. What about a prepaid amex? Same place as a secured as far as needing cash to set them up, but they can be done quick. I was a travelling salesman for about 15 years and always hated expense reports. Loved spending other peoples money though. Was lucky that the company issued amex, but we got to keep the rewards.
Message 16 of 63
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Secured card if you can come up with any sort of non-trivial deposit.

Failing that, not sure you have many options for unsecured credit besides running up some ugly subprime cards and sucking up the reimbursement until you can qualify for better cards in the future.  The fees would suck but if it's between that and being rather hosed for my gig, I'd throw away the 200/year in AF's.

+1

I was thinking secured card seemed to fit the bill as well.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 17 of 63
brokenpipe
Established Member

Two options. 

#1 - Secured Card as others have mentioned. 

#2 - Corporate card through your employer. 

763 Experian / 770 Equifax / 790 TU

AMEX Blue (AU) - 25K | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 23K | AMEX TrueEarnings - 22.5K | BoA Alaska Air Sig Visa - 20K | Chase Slate - 9K | Barclaycard Ring - 6.3K | Citi Thank You Premier - 5K | Discover IT - 5K | Amazon Visa Rewards - 4K
Message 18 of 63
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

+1  Either a secured card or get a corporate card. 

With a thin file with a string of derogs, no company is going to want to take the risk to give you additional credit.  A mortgage is a serious tradeline to be delinquent on for whatever reason.  I understand you got a modification, but that does not negate the fact that you were unable to make your payments as you originally agreed in your contract.  Creditors are not in the business to make bad loans.  Capital One is not going to raise your credit limit at this point as you have not reestablished your credit.  

I took a job that required extensive travel- airfare, transportation 6 weeks in a hotel at a time, etc.   I got a corporate credit card.

You should really inquire on one.  If you default, chances are good you won't keep your job.  That's a motivator to pay that bill on time.  Smiley Happy 

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 19 of 63
Swiftd03
Established Member

Well I went ahead and E-mailed the CEO like you guys suggested. No response yet but I sent it last night and wouldn't expect one until Monday or Tuesday anyways. I did say that I needed it for the business expenses and offered to provide documentation of my past reimbursements and documentation of my income and the raise I received. I fully expect that the request will get denied but I do not want to do a whole bunch of credit cards. I would prefer to stay at just the one if possible and continue to push off the old medical bills until I can improve credit enough to qualify for a prime card. That is probably 5-6 years out still.

I am also going to go ahead and send a Good Will letter to Wells Fargo Mortgage and see if they will knock off the reports of the late payments. I think I may have a small shot there just because I never fell behind until I began my "trial payments" but they are reporting 90 day lates for 5 or 6 months. Also I did them a big favor by keeping the house. I owe $220K on it after a $40k down and it appraises for $150K now on a good day. I will update everyone if and when I hear back. IF they knock those off credit outlook score from Experian shows if would bump my FICO ~80-90 points. I think that may be a high estimate but still worth a shot, even half that would make it a lot better for me.

Thanks again,

Message 20 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.