cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Chase Freedom Card but just offered Chase Sapphire Preferred - First Post

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Received Chase Freedom Card but just offered Chase Sapphire Preferred - First Post

My Offers is definitely a back door around 5/24.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received Chase Freedom Card but just offered Chase Sapphire Preferred - First Post

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The bolded part is the most relevant. No point in applying for a card that you have zero use for.

My addition though would be that not everyone gets prequals. I joined Chase almost a year ago with a pre-qual CSP app, and since that time nothing has ever been on my "Your offers" page.

If you did have a use for something they were offering, you could apply with reasonable certainty of approval despite 5/24 as far as I've seen from the data points.

The CSR is a card I'd take just to close the other two I have now... 

So, from what you're saying, this offer thing is a backdoor to circumventing the 5/24 rule? That's how I'm reading it...

Based on what I see on the forums, yes it can circumvent 5/24 auto-denials. On that note, I would not get rid of a Freedom just because you are able to open a Reserve. The Freedom is a great companion card to a Sapphire Preferred or Reserve.

I wouldn't try for the Reserve anyway. They're not offering me that. I've offers for the FU and CSP. All that aside, yes, I have too many cards as it is, so I'm just gonna appreciate the offers and let it be...

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.