cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Chase Sapphire in the mail today!

tag
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Received Chase Sapphire in the mail today!

Just got my chase Sapphire activated and ready to go!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: Received Chase Sapphire in mail today!

Nice and congrats!  I want that card one day

I remember you having many favorable cards (to me).

Can you list them all?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 26
lokobo
Regular Contributor

Congrats!! I love how it's so shiny and has such a soft feeling finish!

Message 3 of 26
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Thanks Everyone!

Haha, sure I'll share my cards with forum members. Despite having too many cards for my age (21), I have a purpose behind it. That is to one day purchase my dream home once I finish school Smiley Happy .

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday- $2000

AMEX Zync- No Pre-Set

AMEX Accelerated Rewards BofA- $5000

BankAmericard Platinum Plus Visa BofA- $3000

Best Buy Store Card- $1700

Chase Sapphire Visa Signature- $5000

Citi Thank You Master Card- $3650

Discover More- $1000

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Alexander Dumas
Message 4 of 26
Amnesia87
Contributor

You have a similar set of cards as me (though you have BofA instead of USAA) and we are both fairly young (I'm 23)

My cards are now:

Amex Blue Cash Preferred - $2000

Amex Gold Preferred - No Pre-Set

Amex Rewards USAA - $7000 (just got this, suprised by the limit)

Citi Forward - $3300

Discover More - $1000

PSECU Visa/PSL Combo - $10000 (<3)

USAA Rewards Mastercard - $2000

I'm amused by how many people I see with $1000 Discover Cards...

I'd very much like to get a Chase Sapphire Preferred, but I need to do some serious gardening first. I opened both Amex cards, the PSECU Combo, and the USAA Amex in the last like 2 months. (because of the way PSECU reports it's going to show as 5 new accounts >_< BB AAoA. It was only 3y2m anyway, and it will stay over 2, so it's not the end of the world, at least now my AAoA will be more resilient to new cards. I gotta start working on backdating the Amex cards though.)

Looks like your next step needs to be looking into CUs to bump the limits into the 5-digit range. Other than the Sapphire, I think the only other card/CU I really want in with is NFCU, though I'm gonna have to think hard on how I'm gonna manage that one. May try PenFed or SDFCU in 6-12 months. Other than that the only other cards I can really see getting are other Amex variations.

Starting Score: EX FICO: Unknown EQ FICO: 717 TU (CreditKarma): 713
Current Score: EX FICO: 737 EQ FICO: 752 TU (CreditKarma): 717
Goal Score: EX FICO: 760 EQ FICO: 760 TU (CreditKarma): 760

Message 5 of 26
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@Amnesia87 wrote:

You have a similar set of cards as me (though you have BofA instead of USAA) and we are both fairly young (I'm 23)

My cards are now:

Amex Blue Cash Preferred - $2000

Amex Gold Preferred - No Pre-Set

Amex Rewards USAA - $7000 (just got this, suprised by the limit)

Citi Forward - $3300

Discover More - $1000

PSECU Visa/PSL Combo - $10000 (<3)

USAA Rewards Mastercard - $2000

I'm amused by how many people I see with $1000 Discover Cards...

I'd very much like to get a Chase Sapphire Preferred, but I need to do some serious gardening first. I opened both Amex cards, the PSECU Combo, and the USAA Amex in the last like 2 months. (because of the way PSECU reports it's going to show as 5 new accounts >_< BB AAoA. It was only 3y2m anyway, and it will stay over 2, so it's not the end of the world, at least now my AAoA will be more resilient to new cards. I gotta start working on backdating the Amex cards though.)

Looks like your next step needs to be looking into CUs to bump the limits into the 5-digit range. Other than the Sapphire, I think the only other card/CU I really want in with is NFCU, though I'm gonna have to think hard on how I'm gonna manage that one. May try PenFed or SDFCU in 6-12 months. Other than that the only other cards I can really see getting are other Amex variations.

I was approved for the Discover More as a student. Maybe sometime in the future I'll join a CU, as of now I have too many inquiries Smiley Happy.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 6 of 26
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@TheCreditKid wrote:

I was approved for the Discover More as a student. Maybe sometime in the future I'll join a CU, as of now I have too many inquiries Smiley Happy.

There are lots of good reasons to join a CU, but you don't need it just to get a CL of $10K or above.  You have plenty of credit and are still in school.  Your cards will grow with you.  I had a very similar credit profile when I was in college.  By the time I graduated, my $5K cards had become $10K cards.  And then I destroyed my credit, but that's another story.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 7 of 26
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@TheCreditKid wrote:

There are lots of good reasons to join a CU, but you don't need it just to get a CL of $10K or above.  You have plenty of credit and are still in school.  Your cards will grow with you.  I had a very similar credit profile when I was in college.  By the time I graduated, my $5K cards had become $10K cards.  And then I destroyed my credit, but that's another story.

+1

-Alexander Dumas
Message 8 of 26
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Hurrah! Congrats to you. I know I would not have been able to handle all that credit worthiness while I was still at school. Smiley Very Happy

ImageImageImage

Message 9 of 26
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@simonlarano wrote:

Hurrah! Congrats to you. I know I would not have been able to handle all that credit worthiness while I was still at school. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks,

It's a big responsibility, so far I'm handling it well.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.