Not applicable

Re: Received Citi Platinum Select apre-approved

Mine says pre selected but both terms are used when they do a soft

Message 11 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:
I would wait until you get your citi denial letter and see why you were denied. Reasons might be fixable. Worth seeing before you app with offer code. Also, are you sure it is preapproval? I got "invited to apply" letters for both this and diamond preferred just after home closed, even though my scores/derogs were way too low for this card.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine says pre selected but both terms are used when they do a soft

They may of just sent it to everybody that met a speficic criteria, for example everyone who has a Chase card or some thing like that

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely is a pre approved, I don't get to understand this banks, they denied me last month and now they are sending me offers

Message 14 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Definitely is a pre approved, I don't get to understand this banks, they denied me last month and now they are sending me offers

ok so did you apply and get approved this time?

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too would like to know the outcome of this. I received a Citibank offer as well and am just waiting until May to apply. If it is indeed a better shot with the pre-selected code then this might be a good offer to hold onto. Please let us know how it goes.
Message 16 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It is a pre approval for sure, it includes how to opt out on the bottom

I got a letter that has that how to op out from citi but mine says pre selected and not pre approved, does yours say pre selected or pre approved?

The letter you got sounds legit john.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an Email from Citibank telling me I've been pre-approved for the Premier card. I'm itching to fill out the app, but I'm really trying to resist until I pay down my balances so I could get a nice credit limit. Decisions decisions!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.