Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received My Shell Gas Card Today

tag
BabyBlue
New Contributor

Re: Received My Shell Gas Card Today

@Logical wrote:
Reading a little late just paid off tonight!!  I called the numbers for Shell and P66 and got $300 increase each!! Smiley Very Happy
Thanks for the info!

I concur! Many thanks! Smiley Very Happy

I have been considering closing the card as I do not really use it and with the credit line of 400 whatever balance would report would be quite substantial %-wise. My only concern was AAOA.... So, I decided to give it a shot and call the number - I was approved for an automated CLI of 500!!!  My online account should be updated within the next 24 hours to reflect the new CL of 900. I am hoping it will be a soft pull; if not, I will let you guys know.

Message 11 of 20
Logical
Regular Contributor

@BabyBlue wrote:

@Logical wrote:
Reading a little late just paid off tonight!!  I called the numbers for Shell and P66 and got $300 increase each!! Smiley Very Happy
Thanks for the info!

I concur! Many thanks! Smiley Very Happy

I have been considering closing the card as I do not really use it and with the credit line of 400 whatever balance would report would be quite substantial %-wise. My only concern was AAOA.... So, I decided to give it a shot and call the number - I was approved for an automated CLI of 500!!!  My online account should be updated within the next 24 hours to reflect the new CL of 900. I am hoping it will be a soft pull; if not, I will let you guys know.

Both my gas cards updated online instantly. Logon and see, your's might.

Congrats. Great increase!

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@USC08 wrote:
what about Exxon Mobil Cards???? can u do CLI on phone without being a hard inquiry?

I'm returning late to the party on this one, but to answer the question, the CLI was on my Exxon/Mobil card.

OP had another thread concerning Citi backed gas cards at the same time as this one.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of scores are they looking for?  To rebuild was told to get a gas card, but don't want to apply if not going to go through.
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What kind of scores are they looking for?  To rebuild was told to get a gas card, but don't want to apply if not going to go through.

EQ was 632, no derogs and 7-8 months of history. They approved me for $750 and it was not instant. I had to mail in proof of identity and address.

Message 15 of 20
Madison
Regular Contributor

What was the APR?

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Madison wrote:

What was the APR?

My APR is 19%
Message 17 of 20
jaybird201
Established Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:
Shell does a HARD INQUIRY for cli requests online!!!!  Lesson Learned!  Always come here for advice FIRST!!!!

Since you've got the Shell...go for the Sunoco.

Message Edited by fishbjc on 09-12-2008 07:38 AM

I just got the Citibank Sunoco and they're great. I enjoyed the 10% back for the first 6 months (up to $75 I think) and even got a CLI upon receiving the card. Now I just enjoy the bloated CL and the addition to my credit mix and make a charge every few months.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

For decent CLI, I had to use my card alot.  I rarely use card anymore... maybe once every 2 months.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
For decent CLI, I had to use my card alot.  I rarely use card anymore... maybe once every 2 months.

Yeah most like i will use mine once a month but it will come in handy when i take road trips an i need gas.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.