cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Notice That My Secured SDFCU is NO Longer Secured !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received Notice That My Secured SDFCU is NO Longer Secured !!!

Longtime lurker, first-time poster here. Just wanted to share that I received notification this week that my SDFCU had graduated to unsecured—precisely 2 years from opening. Same message from SDFCU as the one posted above. So another reporting secured —> unsecured of late.  

It was my first card post-BK, and I was a little choked up w/ the progress. Slow yet eventual. FYI I make one or two small purchases on the card every blue moon and pay it off immediately. I don’t do much else w/ the bank account. Months can pass with nothing on any of the accounts.  

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG. congratulations but I am in shock. Can you believe I'm mulled over this decision for months but I finally closed my secured card with them 3 weeks ago! Now I'm sad. ..oh well.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, no sadness accepted! I see on the forums your post of elation departing w/ SDFCU as your last secured card, and we know how arbitrary and inscrutable these banks can be w/ their decisions. For all you know they could’ve held your deposit and kept you secured for years for no real significance. Sounds like you made the best choice for you. My congrats! Thx btw. No more secured cards for us! Yay!!
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.