cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a change-in-terms APR rate increase in my Andrews FCU VISA, "due to market conditions"

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Received a change-in-terms APR rate increase in my Andrews FCU VISA, "due to market conditions"

Hello, just briefly entering a data point that today I received a change-in-terms APR rate increase in my Andrews FCU Titanium VISA, "due to current market conditions", or similar language, iirc, was the reason given for the change.

Specifically, the go-rate for purchases changes from 6.99% (current) to 7.99% V (starting in 10/2021).  Fortunately not a huge APR increase per se, but an interest rate increase nonetheless.

Was just curious if any other people who have Andrews FCU credit cards may have received a similar rate increase notice in the mail?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Received a change-in-terms APR rate increase in my Andrews FCU VISA, "due to market conditi

No mail.  Last thing I got from them was the 2X rewards points promo on qualifying back-to-school purchases.

No email.

Nothing in my statement.

No notification of any type I can find online.

Account still shows 6.99% APR.

Maybe there will be something tomorrow, will look for it. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 4
C6
Regular Contributor

Re: Received a change-in-terms APR rate increase in my Andrews FCU VISA, "due to market conditi

I received the same letter with a bump up of 1%. I also noticed that they're charging 2% for cash advances / balance transfers. I've been with Andrews for a while and when I signed up there was no cash advance fee. I never used it and I always pay in full but it was nice knowing that it was available. 

Message 3 of 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Nothing from them today either.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.