cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received email to app for a AMEX Blue Cash Everyday. Is it worth it?

tag
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Received email to app for a AMEX Blue Cash Everyday. Is it worth it?

Hello All.

I just received an email invite to apply for an AMEX BCE card. I have recently received a PRG from AMEX and in the past month charged and paid off $2800 before the statement cut to show them good responsibility. I have been wanted to close out my Capital One Cards and still have a balance of $1200 on one card that I would love to transfer the balance over as they are offering 15 months of 0% interest. My question is should I pull the trigger on this card or just ignore it. EX is in the 680's and I just finished paying down 10k in card debt. Opinions would be helpful

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
MT936
Established Contributor

Re: Received email to app for a AMEX Blue Cash Everyday. Is it worth it?

It's a great card why not they generally give really good starting limits too
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 2 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MT936 wrote:

Or.... It's not a great card at all!

Depends on your needs.  The Sallie Mae beats the Blue Cash Everyday for rewards for all levels of spending (where either makes sense).   If you want an Amex that has some additional value, try the Everyday, that also has no annual fee, but, if you use it 20 times a months, gives a minimum of 1.2MR per $.

No point in getting BCE for the rewards.  Really!

Message 3 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@MT936 wrote:

Or.... It's not a great card at all!

Depends on your needs.  The Sallie Mae beats the Blue Cash Everyday for rewards for all levels of spending (where either makes sense).   If you want an Amex that has some additional value, try the Everyday, that also has no annual fee, but, if you use it 20 times a months, gives a minimum of 1.2MR per $.

No point in getting BCE for the rewards.  Really!

Yep I got same email if it were something like 10 or 15k miles for ED I would think about it. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 19
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Just to put things in perspective, i got the same email and i already have the card...

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 5 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Just to put things in perspective, i got the same email and i already have the card...

guess they just sent it to everybody just like PRG offer that went out earlier in the summer. I don't feel special at all :-(

Message 6 of 19
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

I received the same email. If you like the card and want to get in with Amex it's a decent card. True, SM beats the BCE in cash back. But everyone has different wants/needs.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 7 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

I received the same email. If you like the card and want to get in with Amex it's a decent card. True, SM beats the BCE in cash back. But everyone has different wants/needs.

I wanty the prg 50k offer , make it happen :-)

Message 8 of 19
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

guess they just sent it to everybody just like PRG offer that went out earlier in the summer. I don't feel special at all :-(

Yeah, this is the first time they're sending me an email for a card i already have though. They send me the 25,000 MRP PRG offer, but like you, i'm just going to sit tight and wait for the 50,000 offer.They will be my first charge card!

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 9 of 19
irrational
Frequent Contributor

They sent me that same email too, and I have a BCP... didn't think you could have both BCE & BCP. I think they're just mailing it out to everyone.

Also, the same day I got an email offer to apply to the Gold Delta SkyMiles, with a bonus 35K air miles + $50 credit.

Current Score: TU (discover) 720 - 6/29/14 | EQ (score watch) 777 - 7/19/14 - Last App 7/21/14

NPSL          |      $27,600         |      $15,000      |      $7,000      |     $2,800     |      $11,000    |      $13,530      |      $5,200
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.