cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received email to app for a AMEX Blue Cash Everyday. Is it worth it?

tag
Bblack31
Established Member

Re: Received email to app for a AMEX Blue Cash Everyday. Is it worth it?

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Just to put things in perspective, i got the same email and i already have the card...

guess they just sent it to everybody just like PRG offer that went out earlier in the summer. I don't feel special at all :-(

Yeah, this is the first time they're sending me an email for a card i already have though. They send me the 25,000 MRP PRG offer, but like you, i'm just going to sit tight and wait for the 50,000 offer.They will be my first charge card!

Try Creditcards.com, that is where I got my 50K offer for PRG.

My Scores from myFICO(4/18/14)Ex: 819(5/22/14)EQ 828(5/22/14)TU 793
Message 11 of 19
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@chartley3 wrote:

My question is should I pull the trigger on this card or just ignore it. 

Are you only apping because you received an offer?  You really need to give us a lot more info if you want feedback.  Is this card suited to you?  Are its rewards optimal for your spend?  The BCE is rarely the best option from a rewards standpoint when compared to the Sallie Mae, BCP or the old Blue Cash.  There's a chart floating about comparing rewards for different levels of spend for the BCE, BCP & Sallie Mae if you don't want to do the math yourself.

Don't just respond to offers.  They're just marketing.  FInd cards that suit you and go after them.

Message 12 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Bblack31 wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Just to put things in perspective, i got the same email and i already have the card...

guess they just sent it to everybody just like PRG offer that went out earlier in the summer. I don't feel special at all :-(

Yeah, this is the first time they're sending me an email for a card i already have though. They send me the 25,000 MRP PRG offer, but like you, i'm just going to sit tight and wait for the 50,000 offer.They will be my first charge card!

Try Creditcards.com, that is where I got my 50K offer for PRG.

I have tried and i don't get anything but BOA, Cap One , Simmons and First Premier. Today i just checked and got an barclays card as well. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Hello Membersince2013,

I was just wondering if all the CC's in your signiture are active? If so that is an amazing collection! 

Message 14 of 19
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

I use the BCE AMEX every day. The cash back rewards add up quick for me but then again I use it for everything like cable bill, cell phone, groceries, gas, insurance and pay the bill in full each month. The introductory offer I had was $1k in first 3 months and they'd send a $100 AMEX gift card...true to their word, I received it within a week of going over the $1k mark. I think it's a great card but not everyone has the same needs.

Message 15 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@IrishPM wrote:

I use the BCE AMEX every day. The cash back rewards add up quick for me but then again I use it for everything like cable bill, cell phone, groceries, gas, insurance and pay the bill in full each month. The introductory offer I had was $1k in first 3 months and they'd send a $100 AMEX gift card...true to their word, I received it within a week of going over the $1k mark. I think it's a great card but not everyone has the same needs.

It's fine you like it, but people should consider the alternatives.  You are using it for everything.  Outside the bonus categories, this card gets 1%.  (And since it's not a travel point like a UR/MR/SPG, it's not going to be more valuable than 1%).  Something like the QuickSilver gives 1.5% everywhere (and others, like Fidelity Amex) give more.

Inside the bonus categories, the Sallie Mae does much better (see TheManWhoCan's handy chart).  Plus, the rewards from BCE are delayed to the FOLLOWING month's statement closes, unlike most cards which either credit at statement close, or, like Quicksilver and Sallie Mae, when the transaction posts.  There is also a minimum of $25 redemption (Sallie Mae has this too, Quicksilver doesn't).

So, objectively, looked at from a rewards perspective, it is not very good.   This is not meant to be an attack on those that have it (since I have it itoo!) but to me part of the point of the forum is to point out things that really may be useful to others.  And basically, there are much better reward cards than this, and among free Amex cards, the Everyday is superior as well.

Message 16 of 19
ljohn27
Contributor

What is the min credit score for the Amex ED and BCE cards. I have the PG, Plat and Delta but got denied for the ED 2x. My scores are in the high 600's.
EX 678 | TU 689 | EQ 698 LENDER PULL 07/22/2014
EX 655 | TU 690 | EQ 678 MyFICO SCORES 07/09/2014
Message 17 of 19
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

It's probably just a marketing email. I get them too. Usually right after a denial for the very same card

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 18 of 19
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Hello Membersince2013,

I was just wondering if all the CC's in your signiture are active? If so that is an amazing collection! 

Thanks Smiley Happy

They are active. I just PC'd the worthless ThankYou Preferred card to a Platinum Select.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.