Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received my Amex Optima card today!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received my Amex Optima card today!!

Hi,

I just wanted to say that I'm so impressed with American Express. Out of all the companies I was with, they are the only ones that have me the opportunity to come back. I think companies should work on doing things this way as it actually gives people incentive to pay what the defaulted on due to unforeseen circumstances. Also going through old mail, I realized Amex offered me the oasis program only 3 months after going into collections back in 2018. But I stopped opening my credit card bills as that point so I assumed it was just another collection letter and didn't open it. I actually regret that. I didn't realize I had this option until this year when I finally decided to start opening the mail pieces they were sending me. So I could of had this card 2 years ago if I just opened my mail.. lol. 

It took me 3 months to pay in full from March to May. Took about 30 days for me to receive the snail mail application and to send it back. From receiving the application to actually getting the card in my hand took about 10 days total as there's only one way to do this which is old school mailing in the app. I received my card today and this thing is beautiful. Photos online does not do it justice as you can't see the sparkles bouncing off the card when it hit the light. It's definitely a conversation piece as there's far less people with this card. Your sort of in the exclusive club, but for all the wrong reasons, lol. I've provided a pic below. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. 

20206B97-4004-4756-B05C-9EB0624FCFF1.jpeg

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received my Amex Optima card today!!

Congratulations!

Man, that is wild to see that card...it has not changed in years except for the EMV chip! I always liked the way Optima looked and wish I had grabbed one when they were still available. 

Message 2 of 29
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Yep that's a nice looking 2nd chance card. Congrats and you should have a regular one in no time!

My BK pretty much nullified their offer ages ago! Now I'm in their naughty list!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 3 of 29
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

wow how did you get that card bro?

Message 4 of 29
LOC
Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 850

Message 5 of 29
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success!

Message 6 of 29
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats on your Optima Card. I received my application for Optima card and I mailed my application to them on Friday. Regular USPS Mail. Hopefully I'll be getting my card soon.

Message 7 of 29
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I agree, more lenders should do things like this. It's a win/win for everybody. I think the only other lender that does something similar is First Premier. With them, what you owe is the limit and as you pay it off, it frees up the limit. Could be a different lender, but I'm pretty sure it was them.

Message 8 of 29
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, I had the original green optima from the 1980's .. what memories.

Message 9 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  Congrats!

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.