cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received my Amex Optima card today!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received my Amex Optima card today!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!

Man, that is wild to see that card...it has not changed in years except for the EMV chip! I always liked the way Optima looked and wish I had grabbed one when they were still available. 

Yeah the photo does not do it justice. It's a beautiful card. 

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JR_TX wrote:

Yep that's a nice looking 2nd chance card. Congrats and you should have a regular one in no time!

My BK pretty much nullified their offer ages ago! Now I'm in their naughty list!

I was so close to filing twice.. but was even too broke to do that at the time. So I'm happy I didn't. 

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheBoondocks wrote:

wow how did you get that card bro?

Amex usually sends you a letter inviting you to get the card if you pay your balance in full. You complete an application but you're pretty much approved no matter what unless you have a bankruptcy on your report

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

Congrats on your Optima Card. I received my application for Optima card and I mailed my application to them on Friday. Regular USPS Mail. Hopefully I'll be getting my card soon.

You should have your card by next week. 

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I agree, more lenders should do things like this. It's a win/win for everybody. I think the only other lender that does something similar is First Premier. With them, what you owe is the limit and as you pay it off, it frees up the limit. Could be a different lender, but I'm pretty sure it was them.

It's definitely a good incentive for people to pay back what they owe. 

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Congrats, I had the original green optima from the 1980's .. what memories.

Yeah I heard people say it was one of the 1st Amex. You can kinda see that as the design looks a little dated, but it's still a nice card. 

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous  Congrats!

Nice!!! Congrats. 

Message 17 of 29
Stralem
Established Contributor

Congrats on getting back in.

Speaking of the design, my old Optima card from a few years ago wasn't this, but literally the old Amex Costco design. I guess they had a lot of leftover blanks they needed to get rid of.

TrueEarnings-American-Express-Costco

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stralem wrote:

Congrats on getting back in.

Speaking of the design, my old Optima card from a few years ago wasn't this, but literally the old Amex Costco design. I guess they had a lot of leftover blanks they needed to get rid of.

TrueEarnings-American-Express-Costco

Lol, yeah probably so. Pretty smart on thier end to save money. Looking forward to getting a better Amex product in the next year. I never seen the card you posted as the optima card tho. Even years ago when I was googling it the style I have now always popped up. 

Message 19 of 29
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Congrats, I had the original green optima from the 1980's .. what memories.

Yeah I heard people say it was one of the 1st Amex. You can kinda see that as the design looks a little dated, but it's still a nice card. 

@Anonymous, DatedSmiley Very Happy

This is what mine looked like ..

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.